There are a multitude of creatures that we can obtain in our games at Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Purpleand each of them has a different form of evolution.
Although the normal evolution procedure in Scarlet Pokemon and Pokemon Purple is directly leveling up these creatures by using them in combat, there are others that are exclusive to a series of methods.
However, in Pokemon Scarlet and pokemon purple We can evolve creatures with evolutionary stones, with evolutionary objects, previously learning a series of movements, through exchange, by their level of friendship with the trainer or with another series of methods that we are going to explain below.
In this way, completing the pokedex in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Purple is quite a challenge, but with this guide to special evolutions you have everything covered.
All Pokemon with special evolutions in Pokemon Scarlet and Purple
Evolving with evolutionary objects
These Pokemon they evolve by giving them these evolutionary items:
- Ceruledge – Evolves from Charcadet exclusively into Purple by giving it the Armor.
- Weavile – Evolves from Sneasel by leveling up with a Razor Claw equipped only at night.
- Armarouge – Evolves from Charcadet exclusively into Scarlet by giving it the Armor.
- Flapple: Evolves from Applin by giving it the Sour Apple item.
- Appletun: Evolves from Applin by giving it the Sweet Apple item.
- Polteageist Counterfeit Form: Evolves from Sinistea Counterfeit Form by giving it the Cracked Teapot.
- Polteageist True Forme: Evolves from Sinistea True Forme by giving it the Broken Teapot.
Evolving with evolutionary stones
These Pokemon evolve while using one of the following evolution stones:
- Raichu: evolves Pikachu by giving him a Thunderstone.
- Florges Red Flower: Evolves Floette Red Flower by giving it a Day Stone.
- Bellibolt: Evolves Tadbulb by giving it a Thunder Stone.
- Vaporeon: Eevee evolves by giving it a Water Stone.
- Jolteon: Eevee evolves by giving it a Thunder Stone.
- Lilligant: Petilil evolves by giving it a Sun Stone.
- Mismagius: Evolves Misdreavus by giving it a Night Stone.
- Crabominable: Crabrawler evolves by giving it an Ice Stone.
- Sunflora: Evolves Sunkern by giving it a Sun Stone.
- Chansey: Evolves Happyiny by giving it an Oval Stone and leveling up only during the day.
- Wigglytuff – Evolves Jigglypuff by giving it a Moon Stone.
- Honchkrow: Evolves Murkrow by giving him a Night Stone.
- Scovillain: Evolves Capsakid by giving him a Fire Stone only from level 30 onwards.
- Cloyster: Shellder evolves by giving it a Water Stone.
- Eelektross – Evolves Eelektrik by giving it a Thunder Stone.
- Froslass: Evolves Snorunt if it’s a female by giving it a Dawn Stone.
- Cetitan: Evolves Cetoddle by giving it an Ice Stone.
- Gallade: Kirlia evolves if she is a male by giving her a Dawn Stone only from level 30 onwards.
- Flareon: Eevee evolves by giving it a Fire Stone.
- Leafeon: Eevee evolves by giving it a Leaf Stone.
- Glaceon: Eevee evolves by giving it an Ice Stone.
- Magnezone: evolve Magneton to give him a Piedra Thunder.
- Arcanine: Evolves Growlithe by giving it a Fire Stone.
Evolving by exchanges
The following creatures only evolve by trading with other players and some even with certain evolutionary items:
- Slowking: Evolves from Slowpoke via trade if it has the Pride Rock item equipped.
- Gengar – Evolves from Haunter via trade.
- Scizor: Evolves from Scyther via trade if carrying the Metal Plating item.
Evolving by your friendship level
The following creatures only evolve if they have a specific friendship level with their trainer:
- Sylveon: evolves from Eevee with high friendship and only if it knows a Fairy-type move.
- Frosmoth: Evolves from Snom with high friendship at night.
- Pikachu: evolves from Pichu with heightened friendship.
- Lucario: Evolves from Riolu with high friendship during the day.
- Blissey: evolves from Chansey with high friendship.
- Marill: evolves from Azurill with high friendship.
- Jigglypuff: Evolves from Igglybuff with high friendship.
- Espeon: Evolves from Eevee with high friendship during the day.
- Umbreon – Evolves from Eevee with high friendship overnight.
Evolving with movements
The following creatures only evolve if they have previously learned some of these moves:
- Dudunsparce Trinodular: Evolves from Dunsparce if it knows the move Hyper Drill with a 4% chance on level up.
- Sudowoodo: Evolves from Bonsly upon leveling up if it knows the Mimetic move.
- Dudunsparce Binodular: Evolves from Dunsparce if it knows the move Hyper Drill with 96% at level up.
- Tsareena: Evolves from Steenee when leveling up if it knows Stomp.
- Farigiraf: evolves from Girafarig when leveling up if it knows Double Laser.
Evolving by other methods
The following set of creatures only evolve by some specific methods as we explain below:
- Daytime Lycanroc – Evolves from Rockruff starting at level 25 with normal ability only by leveling up during the day.
- Night Lycanroc: Evolves from Rockruff starting at level 25 with normal ability by leveling up at night.
- Salazzle: Evolves from Salandit only if it is a female at level 33.
- Annihilape: Evolves from Primeape by using Fury Punch a total of 20 times.
- Goodra – Evolves from Sliggoo starting at level 50 while it is raining.
- Acute Toxtricity: Evolves from Toxel at level 30 only if you have any of these natures Firm, Bold, Docile, Naive, Mischievous, Crazy, Weird, Strong, Active, Agitated, Cheerful, Lazy, or Rude.
- Pawmot: Evolves from Pawmo after walking 1,000 steps with Send Pokemon.
- Gumshoos: Evolves from Yungoos starting at level 20 and after going up a level during the day.
- Vespiquen: Evolves from Combee only if it is a female at level 21.
- Maushold Family of Three: Evolves from Tandemaus starting at level 25 with a 96% chance to spawn a hatchling if carried on the team.
- Maushold Family of Four – Evolves from Tandemaus starting at level 25 with a 4% chance on two hatchlings spawning while on the party.
- Twilight Lycanroc – Evolves from Rockruff starting at level 25 with normal ability only by leveling up during sunset.
- Severe Toxtricity: Evolves from Toxel at level 30 only if you have any of these natures: Cautious, Kind, Sullen, Shy, Bold, Calm, Affable, Modest, Meek, Placid, Serious, or Fearful.
- Houndstone – Evolves from Greavard starting at level 30 and leveling up overnight.
- Kingambit – Evolves from Bisharp after defeating 3 Bisharp wearing the Leader’s Badge item.
- Gholdengo: Evolves from Gimmighoul after collecting 999 Gimmighoul Coins.
- Brambleghast: Evolves from Bramblin after walking 1,000 steps with Send Pokemon.
- Lurantis – Evolves from Fomantis starting at level 34 and by leveling up during the day.
- Rabsca: Evolves from Rellor after walking 1,000 steps with Send Pokemon.
- Naive Palafin: Evolves from Finizen starting at level 38 and only by leveling up with other players in your game.
With all of the above clear, you now know how to evolve absolutely all the creatures that are available in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Purple.
Are you playing Pokemon Scarlet and Purple? If so, we recommend you take a look at these guides in Hobby Consoles: How to get money quickly, Change a Pokemon’s teratype, Get Miraidon and Koraidon, How breeding works at the Picnic and answers to all the exams.