The craziest and bloodiest zombie game on the market is here. It’s been over 10 years since Dead Island was released, but thankfully its sequel, Dead Island 2, has returned from the dead to plunge us into another zombie apocalypse.
Dead Island 2 is one of the most fun games so far this year. It is not excessively long, but many of you This weekend you will start your trip through Los Diablos.
The best virtue of Dead Island 2 is that it has a varied arsenal, made up of melee weapons (mallets, hammers, katanas…) and firearms (pistols, shotguns, rifles…), so it’s impossible to get bored.
Although it is possible to customize and even merge weapons, in this Dead Island 2 guide we will tell you how to get the best weapons (some of them are legendary) and wreak havoc among the zombies.
Best weapons and how to get each one
Dead Island 2 features an extensive arsenal, which makes each game insanely more fun than the last. We love tearing zombies to pieces, and bringing out the dismemberment system that Dambuster Studios has incorporated.
As in its predecessor, Dead Island 2 features firearms and melee weapons. Sometimes it will be better to use a hammer or mallet rather than a shotgun, but it depends on the situation.
However, we cannot forget that the weapons bank allows us to modify different aspects of each one. We can also improve their parameters or even merge them.
Beyond this, there are a number of deadly weapons in Dead Island 2 that you’ll want to have in your inventory right now. Some of them are legendary weaponsof those of which we can boast.
Depending on whether they are melee weapons or firearms, these are the best:
- Emma’s wrath: the best the small of the whole game. His ability allows you to accumulate energy as we execute zombies, to later chain a shock wave. It is unlocked by completing the final mission of Dead Island 2.
- Wildstyle Ax: It’s not as lethal as Emma’s Wrath, but it’s the best ax that you can get in Los Diablos. To unlock it you must pass the secondary mission The Art of War.
- Party Starter: some brass knuckles that unleash fire blows. It sounds like science fiction, but it’s a weapon you can get by completing the Drunk and Messy side quest. To get it you must open the chest with the Jordan Key.
- Bodycount: he best rifle of the entire game, which is also widely customizable. To get it you must complete the Redacted secondary mission, which consists of finding three resource containers in Venice Beach.
- Big Shot: a real past revolver. The particularity of this weapon is that it fires grenades, although it only has three charges. It can be obtained by clearing the side quest It’s not your fault.
- Red Dragon: the shotgun most effective in the game (although, depending on the situation, you may prefer a melee weapon). You can buy it on Ocean Avenue. A good alternative is a nail gun.
Dead Island 2 is available from Friday, April 21 at PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One y PC. We remind you that you can also play in company, thanks to the cooperative mode (although there is no cross-play between platforms).
Are you playing Dead Island 2? If so, we recommend you take a look at our analysis at Hobby Consoles, discover all the games that are still coming out on PS4 this year, take a look at the big releases this month, or find out about all the zombie games that are coming out this year. .