Pokemon GOthe incombustible mobile game in which we capture Pokemon in the real world, has also received news in the Pokemon Presents of Pokemon Day 2023.
The announcement of the app Pokemon Sleep also bring a new device Pokemon GO Plus +which will go on sale on July 21, 2023 and will allow you to launch Poké Balls automatically, in addition to keeping track of our sleep cycles on the mobile.
But the most immediate thing for Pokemon trainers is that, starting today, Pokemon Go and the Switch games Pokemon Scarlet and Purple will be able to connect. You can send postcards from Pokemon GO to Switch games, and in return, you can catch Gimmighoul in Pokemon GO!
How to send postcards and capture Gimmighoul in Pokemon GO
If you are a player of Pokemon GOThis interests you a lot, since you will be able to capture several walking Gimmighouls per day in order to accumulate gimmighoul coins and evolve it into Gholdengo.
Everytime that send a postcard from Pokemon GO to the Switch game (with which you have linked your account), Professor Willow will give you a Coin Chest which you can use to pull Gimmighoul towards you for a set period of time.
You will receive the Coin Chest in your Bag, and you can start using it, after sending a postcard for the first time. Once you send a postcard, you will be able to use the Coin Chest again. You can activate this method once a day.
What is the use of receiving postcards in Pokemon Scarlet and Purple?
This connection between Pokemon Scarlet and Purple and Pokemon GO benefits the mobile game more, as it makes it easier to capture the elusive walking form gimmighoul, and for now You can’t transfer Pokemon directly from Pokemon GO to S/V.
In Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Purple, the only thing that will change when you receive a postcard is that the reasons for the Vivillon who live in Paldea will change depending on the place of origin of the postcard. But we will also receive gimmighoul coins and some gifts.
Of course, if you find it difficult to farm Gimmighoul coins in Pokemon Scarlet and Purple, perhaps it would be better for you to farm gimmighouls and their coins in Pokemon GO with this method so that, tomorrow, you can send it from Pokemon GO to Pokemon Scarlet/Purple through Pokemon Home (it has been confirmed that it will be compatible in spring 2023).
How to Link Pokemon GO and Pokemon Scarlet and Purple
ok but as it does? The method for linking Pokemon GO and Scarlet/Purple is very similar to the method used with Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee.
Step 1: Link your Scarlet/Purple Pokemon on Switch with Pokemon GO
- In Pokemon Scarlet/Purple, press X to open the menu, choose Poké Portal, connect to the Internet by pressing L, and select Mysterious gift
- Select Connect with Pokemon GO
- Choose Link an account with Pokemon GO
- If you used the same Google account for your Pokemon Go account and your Nintendo Account, the Switch game will automatically recognize your Pokemon Go account and it will already be linked.
Step 2: prepare Pokemon GO
- Activate the mobile’s Bluetooth
- From Pokemon Go, open the menu (press the pokeball in the center)
- Opens the Options menu (the wheel at the top right)
- Look for the option Connected devices and services
- Choose Nintendo Switch (other options are Pokemon Home, Poké Ball Plus, wearables…)
- Choose Connect to Nintendo Switch
- The following should appear, indicating that the device is connected (you no longer have to do more).
Step 3: send the postcard from Pokemon GO
- Open the Bag in Pokemon Go
- Select the postcard album
- Select the postcard you want to send
- Choose Send to Nintendo Switch
Step 4: Receive the postcard in Scarlet or Purple
- Opens the Mystery Gift menu
- Select Connect to Pokemon GO
- Now select Connect to Pokemon GO (the first option above Link)
This is the way to Link Pokemon GO to the Pokemon Scarlet and Purple games from Nintendo Switch to send postcards and get Gimmighoul Coins in the Switch game, and encounters with walking gimmighouls in the mobile game.
In the spring of 2023, the Scarlet and Purple game will be able to connect to Pokemon Home, which would allow us to transfer Pokemon directly between games.