Dead Cells It has received loads of DLCs, some free and some paid. That has meant that the popularity of this indie, which redefined the roguelike genre, has never waned… and in fact, it is now at its peak with the DLC of Castlevania.
Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania It is already on sale on all platforms (PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC) at the price of 9.99 euros.
The DLC includes a new story with three bosses, two levels in Dracula’s Castle, and 14 weapons such as the Vampire Slayer, the throwing ax or the Holy Water… and 20 unlockable outfits.
With these skins, it will be possible to emulate mythical characters from the saga, such as Alucard, Richter Belmont, Simon Belmont, Maria Renard, Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades or even Dracula himself.
But not all of them are so easy to unlock. Here we tell you how to unlock all the costumes in Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania.
All Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Outfits and How to Unlock Them
The Castlevania costumes in Dead Cells are divided into two categories: skins of characters from the saga, such as Richter, Simon, Alucard or Maria Renard, and alternative skins of the two bosses of the game, Dracula and Death.
The first 8 can be found by exploring the castle, freeing characters… some even as ultra-rat rewards for defeating enemies:
- Alucard: Talk to Alucard in the fortress, outside Dracula’s throne room
- Simon: Find the room in the castle with the big mask
- Maria Renard: Release her from her cell outside the castle (you need a key)
- Richter: Release him in the castle and complete the run
- Sypha: Find the hidden chamber above the fortress entrance
- Trevor: Same, find the hidden camera above the entrance of the fortress
- Haunted Armor: A rare drop (1.7%) from defeating Knights
- Hector: A rare drop (1.7%) from defeating Werewolves
The other 12 skins correspond to the bosses, which you have to defeat under special conditions:
- Death: Defeat Death on normal difficulty
- Cold Death: Defeat Death with 1 active cell
- Red Death: Defeat him with 2 active cells
- Edgy Death: Defeat him with 3 active cells
- Spectral Death: Defeat him with 4 cells active
- Flawless Death: Defeat him without taking damage
Finally, Dracula’s alternative skins:
- Dracula: Defeat Dracula in his final form
- Mathias Cronqvist: Defeat Dracula with 1 active cell
- Doctor Dracula: Defeat him with 2 active cells
- Pompous Dracula: Defeat him with 3 active cells
- Watching Dracula: Defeat him with 4 cells active
- Flawless Dracula: Defeat him without taking damage
These are all the outfits that are in Return to Castlevania and the requirements to unlock them.
If you want more information about Dead Cells, here we explain how to start the Return to Castlevania DLC and unlock Richter mode, how to get the Scythe Claws, how to access the Bad Seed DLC and combat tricks and tactics.