Seven years have passed since the release of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, and to this day it is still one of the best RPG games, and also a very popular game on all platforms.
Much of the blame lies with the recently released next-gen updates for PS5, Xbox Series X | S and PC. All owners of The Witcher 3 in its standard or GOTY editions (either on PS4, Xbox One or PC) You can download all the news 100% free.
If CD Projekt’s RPG was already a masterpiece, with the new content (based on the Netflix series) and the technical improvements it becomes a video game mastodon.
It is also a good opportunity to get your hands on The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for the first time, as physical and digital editions have been released on PS5 and Xbox Series. Yes indeed, some players can’t claim both game expansions as they should…
How to fix the expansions error on PS4 and PS5
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt had two expansions released in its day for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, which are included in the GOTY editions and the Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series X | S.
Is about Hearts of Stone y Blood and Winetwo add-ons that expand The Witcher 3 universe with new quests, characters and items.
Some players from The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt on PlayStation they cannot access the two expansions of the game, despite having bought them at the time for PS4.
Beyond buying the GOTY edition (Game of the Year version) or the new PS5 native edition, there are two ways to play the expansions from the PS4 version. On the one hand: have bought them separately in the PS Store.
And for another: own The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt season passwhich gives you free access to Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine.
Apparently, PS5 players who already had the expansions purchased are not allowed access to The Witcher 3 DLC. Instead a screen appears warning that they must buy them to be able to enjoy them on PlayStation 5.
Fortunately, there is already a solution for this problem. All you have to do is follow the following steps:
Warning: This guide is only for those players who have purchased the expansions, and have NOT claimed and installed them. If yes, there should be no problem.
- Go to The Witcher 3 icon in the PS5 menu.
- Click on the three dots and agree to switch to the PS4 version of the game.
- Go to the PS Store and look for the listing for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for PlayStation 4.
- Find the tab Complementswhere the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine tokens will appear.
- Download both expansions (you won’t need to buy them again, don’t worry).
- Now go back to The Witcher 3 icon in the PS5 menu, and switch to the PS5 version from the three dots tab.
- Press the button Options and go to the tab Manage game content.
- If you have followed all the steps, the two expansions should appear in the list. Click on each one to install them on the PS5 version.
Thus, Players can enjoy Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine in The Witcher 3 for PS5 (as long as they had previously bought the expansions, of course). Apparently this error does not occur on Xbox Series X | S or on PC, at least for now.
Are you playing The Witcher 3 on PS5? If so, you may be interested in taking a look at these guides on Hobby Consoles: How to transfer saved games from PS4 to PS5, How to start the new mission and get the Netflix skin, or How to get the best armor in the game.