In this article we will reveal many useful tricks and tips to improve the multiplayer of the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
The new Call of Duty by Activision e Sledgehammer Games is finally available and has obviously attracted the attention of many new players. The basic CODs are fairly accessible titles but, if you’ve never played one before, you may have difficulty competing with more experienced fans. To help novices we have therefore decided to write this guide, where you can find many useful tricks and tips to improve in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Fiddle with the settings | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
Generally players tend to overlook the settings of console games but this is truly a huge mistake. Whether you play on PC, Xbox or PlayStation, they are really present in Modern Warfare 3’s settings many options capable of significantly improving your gaming experience.
In fact, from the gameplay settings menu you can change things like the way you run, aim or crouch. Changing these options is essential since, depending on your play style, you may prefer different settings than the basic ones in MW3. We also warmly invite you to fiddle around with the interface menu a bit. In fact, from here you can change different elements of the HUDsuch as the mini map and the crosshair.
Finally it is important to also take a look at graphics settings. Of course, if you play on console you won’t be able to do much from this menu, but even if you’re not on PC there are a few options worth tweaking, such as motion blur. For those who don’t know, motion blur generates a blurry effect very conspicuous during camera movement. As cool as it may be, this effect will make it much harder to spot enemies during tense situations and as a result it is essential to deactivate it.
Choose between killstreaks or scorestreaks | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
If you have played some old COD you will surely remember the series of killings. Killstreaks are gods bonuses obtainable by eliminating a certain number of enemies consecutively and they can give you access to things like drones, aerial bombardment, automatic turrets, and so on. This mechanic is really very important, since it allows you to have great advantages for you and your team, but unfortunately it doesn’t suit all playstyles.
To get the kill streaks of course you have to do a lot of kills and, if you are a player who prefers objective modes, this may put you at a disadvantage. Fortunately, however, between one match and another you can always move on to point series. Scorestreaks are essentially the same as killstreaks, except to obtain them you will have to reach a certain score. Points are usually obtained completing the objectives of the various modes, but also making kills and assists. So if you’re a player who thinks more about winning than eliminating your opponents, then Point Streaks may be more suitable for you.
Focus on daily missions | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
Like most modern online games, Modern Warfare 3 also features daily missions. These objectives are renewed every day and completing them will allow you to earn quite a bit of extra experience points. Daily missions are generally meant to be completed naturally during your games, but some may be a little more complicated and require particular commitment.
When you find yourself faced with very specific daily missions then our advice is to focus on them and complete them as soon as possible. It may also often be convenient to do so play specific modesand which perhaps you usually neglect.
Unlock equipment from the armory | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
Armory Challenges are a new mechanic introduced in Modern Warfare 3 that it is really essential not to neglect. Once you reach the rank 25 you will in fact have the opportunity to unlock weapons, accessories, perks and many other things simply by completing enough daily missions.
The armory rewards are basically set automaticallybut we suggest you enter the dedicated screen e manually select the ones you want to unlock first. In this way you will have the opportunity to obtain things very quickly that would otherwise require much more time and effort.
Learn about maps | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
To be the best in MW3 multiplayer it is obviously important to know how to shoot, but at the same time it is also very important to know your surroundings. Once you have learned the layout of a map you will be able to move within it in a much more natural and you’ll also be able to easily outflank enemies and anticipate their moves. Obviously to learn about all the maps in the game you need to play with it a lot but, if you want to have a small initial advantage, below you can find some tips for two of the most played maps at the moment:
- Favela is a very intricate map, full of points where more experienced players can lurk to easily eliminate novices. To stay alive as much as possible, it is therefore essential to try to stay constantly on the move and pay close attention to the roofs and windows.
- If you are trying to learn the layout of the Favela, we initially suggest keeping to the outer part of the map. This way you can avoid running into too many ambushes and you can observe from afar the places where most of the battles take place.
- While you are trying to learn the layout of the Favela it is also important to immediately understand which paths lead to the roofs. In fact, in this map, gaining control of the rooftops allows you to have a serious advantage over your opponents and consequently it is important to immediately understand the quickest way to reach them.
- Rust is a very small map and consequently in some modes you may find yourself respawning very close to opponents. When playing this map it is therefore important to never let your guard down and be ready to take action even immediately after dying.
- If you like to face enemies from a long distance, then we recommend you try climbing to the top of Rust’s central structure. In fact, from this point you can conveniently eliminate the other enemies running around the map without them having time to react.
General Tips | Modern Warfare 3, tips and tricks
Finally, to conclude our slew of tips and tricks for Modern Warfare 3, we want to give you some general suggestions to adopt during your games. If you are interested, below you will find a list with several tips that will help you have an advantage during your games:
- If you are a player who tends to move a lot and face opponents up close, then make sure you use the Tac-Stance. The Tactical Stance allows you to hold your weapon horizontally, thus making you much quicker and more lethal in close quarters.
- During the games make sure you always stay on the move. To be killed in MW3, very few shots are enough and consequently it is always very important not to make yourself an easy target.
- Remember that it is possible to interrupt a slide at any time by jumping or ducking.
- Always keep an eye on the mini map during games to find out the location of revealed enemies.
- Like many modern FPS, MW3 also introduced a the system is pinged. By pressing the arrow on the D-Pad (or the mouse wheel on PC) you can in fact place a generic indicator that will signal the position you are looking at to the whole team. Ping is an extremely useful feature that we recommend you use as much as possible.
- When you get killed avoid skipping the death cam immediately. In fact, by carefully observing it you could obtain useful information on the position of campers, snipers and other dangers.
- Remember to use yours often tactical equipment. In fact, grenades and other gadgets are really useful and players often tend not to use them effectively.
- Lots of lasers for weapons they are not visible to enemies, so by equipping them you won’t have to fear being discovered early by your opponents. However, remember to make sure that the laser you choose is in all respects invisible to other players.
- Don’t forget to activate tokens for bonus experience. These tokens can be activated from the appropriate menu located in the multiplayer lobby right below the daily challenges screen.
- If you want to level up quickly, remember to always complete daily challenges and try to play mainly objective modes.
Armed and operational
Here ends our list of tricks and tips for improving on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Now all you have to do is train and put our suggestions into practice to be able to improve. Our article ends here but, if you are interested in learning more about the gamewe invite you to take a look at the others guide dedicate present here on the site:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 è available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S. If you are interested in staying updated on all the news on the world of video games and much more, then continue to follow us here on techgameworld.com. Furthermore, if you want to purchase some games at an advantageous price, we suggest you take a look at the many offers on Instant Gaming.