Redmi presented its new gaming smartphone, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition, for the Chinese market. A version dedicated to the legendary Bruce Lee will also be available
The new Redmi device will be on sale at the moment only in China, which will expand the K40 range with its Redmi K40 Gaming Edition. The strengths will be the SoC MediaTek Dimensity 1200 and the display from 6,67″ FHD+ with refresh rate that goes up to 120Hz. There will also be space for a larger battery, dedicated back buttons that you can configure according to your needs and finally a heat dissipation system tailored to the performing hardware it mounts.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition: scheda tecnica
Inside the smartphone there are:
- Display: AMOLED gives 6,67″ FHD+ e refresh rate fino a 120 Hz, touch sampling rate 480 Hz, HDR10 +, MEMC, DCI-P3, 500 nit maximum brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection;
- CPU: MediaTek Dimensity 1200, CPU octa-core max 3 GHz with production process at 6 nm;
- GPU: Arm Mali-G77 MC9;
- RAM: 6GB/8GB/12GB of type LPDDR5;
- ROM: 128GB/256GB for internal type storage UFS 3.1;
- rear camera: main sensor from 64MP with aperture f / 1.65 + ultra wide angle from 8MP, f / 2.2 + telemacro from 2MP, f/2,4;
- front camera: 16MP;
- connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB-C, GPS dual band, Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, NavIC, sensore IR;
- battery: 5065 mAh with fast charging 66W;
- dimensions: 161,94 x 76,93 x 8,3mm;
- weight: 205g;
- colors: black, silver and white + a special edition dedicated to Bruce Lee in yellow and black;
- YOU: MIUI 12 based on Android 11;
- 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM version price: ~255€;
- 8GB RAM / 128GB ROM version price: ~280€;
- 8GB RAM / 256GB ROM version: ~306€;
- 12GB RAM / 128GB ROM version price: ~306€;
- 12GB RAM / 256GB ROM version price: ~344€;
- Versione Bruce Lee Edition (12GB RAM/256GB ROM): ~357€
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition: analisi
The data sheet speaks for itself, it is a medium / high-end phone capable of offering high-level gaming performance. The SoC MediaTek Dimensity 1200 together with 6GB and more than RAM of type LPDDR5 (among the fastest) they will make this device suitable in any circumstance. L’enorme display AMOLED gives 6.67 ″ will facilitate the use of multiple split screen applications on your phone as well as multitasking them thanks to fast RAM memories. The memory ROM, which starts from 128GB of type UFS 3.1 will allow a high startup speed of installed apps. It is also important to point out that the onboard operating system will rely on MIUI 12 based on Android 11 is that will support 5G networks thanks to the presence of its modem.
There will then be a button for the fingerprinting e 2 back buttons that can be exploited during the use of videogame applications. The presence of a is not taken for granted modulo IR to be able to program according to your needs (for example to control your TV in the absence of its remote control). Among the colors that can be chosen, that too will find a place dedicated to Bruce Lee, characterized by yellow / black liveries that will make the product extremely attractive (or tacky, depending on your taste). The battery from 5000 mAh it should also be able to guarantee an autonomy of at least 1 day and a half, as long as you don’t put too much stress on your phone with particularly complex video games. Finally, citing the photographic sector, the rear module from 64MP it should offer good quality shots.
What do you think of Redmi’s new gaming smartphone? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, do not forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!