Apple has officially announced an application, available from March 28 on the App Store, dedicated to lovers of classical music. It’s about Apple Music Classical, and provides access to a vast catalog of works in the highest audio quality available on the market. Furthermore the magical sound of the orchestras is enhanced by thespatial soundwhich the app supports.
“It’s the most comprehensive experience for classical music lovers, with hundreds of curated playlists, thousands of exclusive albums, in-depth composer bios, in-depth guides to many key works, intuitive navigation, and more,” Apple promises. in the app presentation press release.
What we know about Apple Music Classical, the new app dedicated to classical music
The app will be released on March 28 on the App Store, but it is already possible to pre-order at this link. Those who pre-order will automatically install Apple Music Classical at launch. Those who have an active subscription to Apple Music will be able to use the service at no additional cost.
Here are some features of the new service:
- Extensive classical music catalog (over 5 million songs and works, both contemporary and legendary)
- Search functionality by composer, work, conductor and catalog number
- High audio quality: up to 192kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Lossless format
- Spatial audio support
- Accurate metadata with all the information about the work listened to
- Editorial notes: biographies and descriptions of composers and compositions
Is a subscription required?
Apple Music Classical requires any active Apple Music subscription (Individual, Student, Family or Apple One plans are eligible). However, it is not possible to use the service with an Apple Music Voice subscription.