Canon announces three revolutionary RF lenses and two new Power Zoom adapters with a wide range of features set to expand the creative possibilities of professionals and enthusiasts
Canon announced three new RF lenses aimed at the R mirrorless systemthat is to say, RF 24-105 mm F2.8 L IS USM Z, RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM e RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM. The first RF lens is a cutting-edge hybrid with two optional Power Zoom adapters that marks an important milestone in optical technology, long awaited by many photographers and videographers. This “all-in-one” lens encompasses key features of Canon’s professional lens lines: the RF, broadcast and cinema lines; to best express the concept of versatility. It is the first RF zoom lens to combine a customizable control ring and dedicated aperture control ring plus servo capabilities via optional Power Zoom adapters.
Canon: three new RF lenses announced | 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z
The RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z combines the convenience and reach of the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM with the creative and low-light capabilities of the RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM – it will therefore no longer be necessary to choose between these two strengths to take the perfect shot. Additionally, the lens maintains 5.5 stops of optical image stabilization (up to 8 stops when combined with in-body image stabilization1), ensuring maximum stability during handheld shooting and superior image quality for shots taken in dynamic scenarios, such as weddings and events. The aperture control ring (available in video mode only) offers precise control over exposure, paired with the 11-blade aperture for beautiful bokeh.
Main features of the RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z
- Excellent image quality and weather protection for extended durability, plus sharp, high-contrast images ensured by four UD lenses that correct chromatic aberration
- Electronic parfocal focusing and elimination of focus breathing to maintain a uniform field of view during video shooting
- Internal zoom mechanism that keeps the barrel at its fixed length, facilitating handling even when used inside a rig, resistance to external agents and the operation of the lens
- Smooth 32-step aperture ring operation and a release button for the “Auto” position
The functions of the RF 24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens can be further expanded with two new Power Zoom adapters, offering even greater flexibility to videographers. These accessories ensure smooth zoom operation and remote control via the Canon Camera Connect app or EOS Utility.
The RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z lens is available at a suggested price of €3769.99.
Furthermore, Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B sports a 20-pin focus/zoom connector that allows connection of compatible devices for studio or large-scale production environments – and is also compatible with the Canon Zoom Servo ZSG- Grip C10.
Main features of the PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B Power Zoom adapters
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable use in combination with the lens
- Optional USB-C external power for longer shooting and faster zoom operations
- Wide/tele buttons for smooth zoom operations
- Zoom speed selection ring for greater control over camera movements
- The PZ-E2B Power Zoom Adapter features a 20-pin remote connector compatible with external accessories for zoom and focus control, as well as remote control over IP in a multi-camera setup with other compatible cameras that support the Canon’s XC protocol
Below are the suggested prices of the two products: Power zoom adapter PZ-E2, €1259.99 and Power zoom adapter PZ-E2B €1679.99.
Canon: three new RF lenses announced | RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Extremely compact and lightweight ultra-wide-angle zoom lens Revolutionary solution for ultra-wide-angle photo and video shooting, The RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens is designed for EOS R APS-C System cameras and offers a focal range of 10-18mm, making it ideal for travel photography enthusiastslandscaping, cityscape and vlogging.
The lens offers excellent image stabilization, thanks to up to 4 stops of optical stabilization and up to 6 stops combined with in-body image stabilization2. This allows photographers and videomakers to shoot handheld with complete peace of mind, even in low light conditions. Movie Digital IS mode ensures high performance and is ideal for content creators who want to shoot very wide shots without using a tripod.
Weighing just 150 grams, this incredibly small and lightweight lens is the perfect companion for any trip. Creatives no longer have to compromise: the new lens is excellent for creating both photo and video content. Offering superior performance and image quality, it is perfect for easily capturing exceptional ultra-wide-angle shots.
Main features of the RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
- Compact and lightweight design
- Ideal for travel, sightseeing and vlogging
- Up to 4 stops of optical stabilization and up to 6 stops combined with in-body image stabilization2
- A great match for APS-C cameras like the EOS R10, EOS R50 and EOS R7
- Flexibility and superior image quality
The RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens is available at a suggested price of €429.99.
Canon: three new RF lenses announced | 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM
RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM is a full-frame super telephoto lens destined to revolutionize the world of nature and sports photography. With an incredible maximum focal length of 800mm, it is the most powerful telephoto lens for RF3 mount. It features dustproof and waterproof seals to tackle the toughest conditions and enable photographers to capture stunning images in any environment, thanks to unrivaled versatility.
Designed for those who want to improve their photographic art and achieve the unattainable, this lens is ideal for capturing the perfect shot from any position. Image stabilization equal to 5.5 stops (up to 7.5 stops in combination with EOS R cameras equipped with IBIS4), fast autofocusthe focal range and the optical construction ensure high quality images and videos while the zoom has the power to fit even the smallest subjects into the frame.
It’s the ideal choice for enthusiasts who want to push the limits of wildlife and sports photography, capturing what previously seemed impossible.
Main features of the RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM
- Super telephoto for wildlife and sports photography, the ideal choice for those looking for even more versatility in a telephoto lens
- Up to 5.5 stops of optical stabilization and up to 7.5 stops when paired with in-body image stabilization 4
- Nine-blade aperture for excellent out-of-focus performance, high-quality optical construction and fast autofocus
- Weather resistant for use in harsh conditions
The RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM lens is available at the suggested price of €2529.99.