New information has arrived on The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria (The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria), the new upcoming video game set in the world of The Lord of the Rings. The title is made by Free Range Games and published by North Beach Games and will arrive on PC in 2023.
Let’s find out more!
The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria, what is it about?
The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria is a survival game with crafting elements set in Fourth Era of Middle-earth. In this title we will take control of a company of dwarves recalled at Misty Mountains by Gimli to reconstruct the lost classrooms of Moria (Khazad-dum).
The player will act on a procedurally created map to begin an expedition to reconquer and rebuild the dwarven kingdom of Moria. We will therefore have to look for the resources that the rich mines offer and research and build technologies and buildings. But where there are great opportunities, there are also serious dangers. The mines are still teeming with enemies and it will be our duty to defend our new buildings to restore Moria to its former glory.
To maintain consistency with Tolkien’s iconic world, Free Range Games has consulted with experts who will collaborate in the creation of the game.
On the occasion of Durin’s Day, last October 25, the developers together with the guys from Nerd of the Rings, held a round table about the game in which the key features and news about the title were revealed including:
- Construction of the bases: Find shelter in the dark, discover new areas and locations to clean up to create the glorious dwarven architectures while trying to defend them from enemies
- Survive the darkness: To survive the pitfalls hidden in the mines of Moria, players must gather and conserve resources, hunt and accumulate enough food while being careful to maintain a stable temperature and making as little noise as possible. Hordes of orcs and other monstrosities lurk in the shadows and we will have to do everything to defend our new realms
- Explore: not only unexpected, the rich mines of Moria offer great opportunities. The environments abound with resources and mysteries of the past, all to be discovered. Procedurally generated maps are never the same and each game represents a completely new experience
- Co-op Multiplayer: Adventure alone or with your friends with cooperative multiplayer that allows up to 8 players to collaborate together
- Create dwarven tools, weapons and more– Craft legendary loots, dwarven weapons and armor, and defensive structures. Rebuild lost ancient splendors, repair and enchant your tools. Unlock new technologies and cool cars
- Discover ancient magical artifacts: unearth magical objects belonging to the past, elven swords that light up in the presence of orcs, maps of forgotten Mithril veins, ancient books with recipes and powerful projects capable of giving power and wisdom
When is The Lord of the Rings Return to Moria released?
We currently don’t have an official date yet, but The Lord of the Rings Return to Moria is scheduled for release in the spring of 2023 on PC.