Running Studios just held a Christmas stream dedicated to the new patch 9 of Baldur’s Gate 3. The third chapter of the renowned RPG saga is still in the early-access phase and is now enriched with a new update in anticipation of the global launch of the game scheduled for August 2023. The Panel, entitled Panel From Hell: Holy Knight showed off some of the upcoming features such as the new Paladin class, a new Reaction system and level 5 skills.
Let’s find out more.
In Patch 9 of Baldur’s Gate 3
Among the main innovations, we find the new class of Paladins, different in missions and ideals but similar in their oath to defend the good against the evil of the world. Their ultimate goal is to uphold justice and righteousness above all else. The update also adds a hidden subclass of the Paladin, theOathbreaker, which will “unlock” when a Paladin renounces his sacred pledge. To these are added two normal sub-categories Oath of Devotion e Oath of the Ancients.
Level 5 will be the new skill power level for all classes. Spellcasters do especially well at level 5, gaining access to 3rd-level spells such as Fireball, Counterspell e Animate Dead.
Among the other news of Patch 9…
- New class: Paladin Brimming with noble spirit and fiery reverence, the Paladin class is characterized by the ability to unleash devastating combos in combat
- Two subclasses: Oath of Devotion e Oath of the Ancients
- Hidden subclass: Oathbreaker
- Level 5
- Revamped reaction system: Players can now choose whether or not to use a Reaction when one is activated, allowing for more strategic combat
- To fly The “Fly” spell can be used in and out of combat to do just that to fly
We also remind you that Baldur’s Gate 3 is now available in Early-Access while the full game will be released in August 2023.