Selling items online has become commonplace these days, and with Lightspeed’s Ecwid it’s now even easier. Let’s discover this platform
As technology progresses, more and more stores have decided to sell their products online. This not only benefits the seller who can count on a much wider audience, but allows users to buy everything you need from the comfort of your home. Although the growth of the e-commerce has nevertheless been stable over the years, precisely because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this market has seen a strong rise, with a very significant increase in earnings.
However, opening an e-commerce is not an easy step to take. In addition to the logistics problems, there are also those relating to design and maintenance of a site that is intriguing and safe from every point of view for users. This often involves a considerable expense on the part of the owner. However today, thanks to platforms such as Lightspeed’s Ecwid, the shopkeeper can independently carry out this work and also for free! But let’s go in order and get to know this program step by step.
What is Lightspeed’s Ecwid and how to sell products online
This platform allows the user to put your items on sale in a simple and intuitive way, but not only. Lightspeed, thanks to the use of Lightspeed’s Ecwid, will provide us with a web page, a real site to be clear, which can be connected to all our social networks and beyond. An advantage of this platform, compared to many of its competitors, is the possibility of not having to pay commissions on incoming orders.
Also, as if that weren’t enough, the company will allow anyone to insert up to 10 products in your catalog completely free of charge. There will be no need to pay any subscription, much less commission on the sale. In addition, it will not be necessary to have programming and design skills of the site. In fact, the final package will be ready based on our needs for e-commerce personalization.
Whether you already have a website, a social page or none of that, Lightspeed has the solution for each of you. Ecwid can in fact be configured with three different types, depending on your needs:
- If you have a website – Just integrate the platform into your CMS (Content Management System), such as Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger and so on
- If you have a social page – The platform allows the connection between the online store and its social pages. It will therefore be possible to sell the products on Instagram or Facebook, but also on Amazon and eBay
- If you don’t own any platform – In this case, Lightspeed’s Ecwid itself will provide a site to start up your business online. This will be highly customizable in order to make it more comfortable and attractive for its customers. Everything can be managed without any specific competence.
Let’s look at Lightspeed’s various Ecwid buying plans
Obviously, as with every product now in circulation, there are various purchasing plans also for this platform. Everything is done so that every seller, from the smallest to the largest, can enjoy the maximum support according to their needs. As previously stated, there is a free plan which allows you to publish 10 products on your site. In addition to this, you will also have technical support by mail, the possibility of integrating your showcase on other websites and the total absence of commissions on the sale.
The paid plans, on the other hand, offer more complete support. More specifically, there are three solutions:
- Venture 15.00 € / month – With this option you can have unlimited traffic and number of showcases, maximum 100 products for sale, no commission on sales, shops in Facebook / Instagram, Site Management Application for Android / iOS, download of digital goods files up to 25 GB, Advanced SEO and marketing tools, access to all store applications, technical support via live chat
- Business € 35.00 € / month – This plan instead includes 2500 products, sales on marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, etc.), advanced marketing tools, calculation of deliveries based on the size of goods, tracking of abandoned carts, filtering of goods based on properties, technical support by phone and chat, 2 hours of free personalization service for your site
- Unlimited 99.00 €/mese – The latest plan includes unlimited products, priority support, 12 hours of free customization service for your site
Ecwid by Lightspeed therefore presents many solutions for each shopkeeper, so that everyone can easily open their e-commerce. Our advice is to test the platform for free and then choose the plan that best suits your needs. What do you think of this platform? Will you test it to start your own business? Let us know yours in the comments. In order not to miss further news regarding the technological universe, continue to follow the pages of techgameworld.com!