In this article we will see specifically what eToro offers in commissions and costs
eToro is an online trading platform that allows users to invest in a wide range of assets, including stocks, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, indices, currencies and commodities. The platform is available in 27 languages and has over 27 million users worldwide.
eToro offers a range of commissions and costs, which may vary depending on the type of asset you wish to trade.
Trading Fees | eToro commissions and costs
eToro charges trading fees for trading stocks, ETFs and cryptocurrencies. Trading fees vary depending on the asset type and trading volume.
- Actions: eToro charges spreads for stock trading. The spread is the difference between the buying price and the selling price of an asset.
- ETF: eToro charges fixed trading fees for ETF trading.
- Cryptocurrencies: eToro charges fixed trading fees for cryptocurrency trading.
Currency Conversion Fees
eToro charges currency conversion fees when you deposit funds in a currency other than your account currency.
Currency conversion fees vary depending on the deposit currency and exchange rate.
eToro offers the possibility of using margin to increase your purchasing power.
Lending fees are charged when using margin and vary depending on the type of asset and leverage used
eToro charges withdrawal fees for withdrawing funds from your account. Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method used.
Other costs | eToro commissions and costs
eToro also charges an inactivity fee if the account is inactive for an extended period of time. The inactivity fee is $10 per month.
eToro fees and costs in brief:
- Trading Fees: spreads for stock trading, fixed trading commissions for ETF trading and fixed trading commissions for cryptocurrency trading.
- Currency Conversion Fees: charged when you deposit funds in a currency other than your account currency.
- Loan fees: charged when using margin.
- Withdrawal fees: charged for withdrawing funds from your account.
- Inactivity fee: equal to 10 USD per month.
eToro fees and costs may vary depending on the type of asset you wish to trade. It is important to be aware of these costs before using the platform.
Tips for reducing eToro commissions:
- Avoid using margin: margin increases risk and can lead to higher borrowing costs.
- Deposit funds in your account currency: this will avoid currency conversion fees.
- Withdraw funds regularly: Withdrawal fees are only charged when you withdraw funds from your account.
If you haven’t read them yet, you might be interested in our articles dedicated to eToro, how it works: everything you need to know or eToro: the services and reasons for choosing this trading platform.