Today begins a new chapter for the story of Final Fantasy 14 Online with the release of the first major update since the launch of Endwalker, patch 6.1, “Newfound Adventure”. This latest patch begins a new story for the Warrior of Light, while also adding a host of new content and improvements to support an accessible solo experience.
Final Fantasy 14: the new patch 6.1 brings a lot of additional content
Among these changes we find changes to various low-level duties of the main story and also the addition of the new one Duty Support System, which gives players the opportunity to complete 4-player dungeons and trials from the main story of A Ream Reborn (2.0) with NPCs.
To further support an accessible solo play experience, major revisions have also been made to Cape Westwind and subsequent duties. The Duty Support System will also be expanded in future updates to support patch 2.x content, in addition to content from Heavensward and later.
Patch 6.1 also adds a host of new game content that you can enjoy on your new adventures. Further details on the contents:
- New missions of the main scenario: Patch 6.1 marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Warriors of Light with a new story that follows the epic conclusion of Endwalker.
- New Role QuestAn additional story will be available after completing all of the Endwalker role quests.
- Duty Support System per A Realm Reborn: A Realm Reborn (2.0) main story dungeons and trials can now be completed with NPCs as party members.
- New dungeon: An additional dungeon will be accessible in the main story mission of Patch 6.1.
- Nuovo Trial – “The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Endsinger’s Aria”: Players can challenge themselves with a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Unreal Trial – “Ultima’s Bane (Unreal)”: Relive the battle against the mecha of legend in this challenge on Unreal difficulty.
- New Alliance Raid – “Myths of the Realm”: The first part of a new 24-player alliance raid, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia, prompts players to find out more about the gods known as the “Twelve”.
- New PvP Content – “Crystalline Conflict”: Crystalline Conflict is a small-scale PvP available to all players of level 30 and above. Patch 6.1 also includes updates to PvP actions and adds a new PvP reward system.
- New Empyreum residential area: Lots can be purchased in Empyreum, the new residential area of Ishgard.
- Adventurer Plate (versione beta)– Create and customize character profiles and plate designs using Adventurer Plates. Character profiles can now include various information, such as the player’s preferred profession and title, their preferred play style, active play hours, and more.
- Portraits (beta version)– Capture the look of your Warrior of Light by customizing poses, movements, camera angles, backgrounds, frames, lighting and more. You can save a series of different portraits and select one to apply to your Adventurer Plate.
- The Unending Codex: A variety of character and term information up to Patch 6.0 will be added to player collections as they progress through the main story in Patch 6.1.
- Update to New Game +– You can re-tackle already completed missions, cutscenes, dialogues, and Endwalker battles and a portion of patch 6.1 with the current character while maintaining their level.
- New equipment and mounts – Collaboration with GARO: PvP gear inspired by the hit Japanese TV show “GARO” returns with patch 6.1. It will be possible to obtain mounts and special equipment inspired by the show and created by legendary character designer Keita Amemiya. The new professions introduced with Shadowbringers and Endwalker will now be able to use the equipment of this collaboration.
- Other miscellaneous updates: New content has been added with patch 6.1, including class changes, new hairstyles for the Hrothgars, more glamor plate, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store, and more.