The statutintense multinational officially showed the next iPad Pro model, which stands out from previous iterations for the presence of the powerful Apple M1 chip
The handsome Apple M1 it has also found a home in new ones iPad Pro recently presented by the Cupertino company, which with this new generation of devices will challenge the recent MacBook laptops in terms of performance. The new tablet with the brand of the bitten apple, however, is not limited only to a renewal of its beating heart, but has also underwent changes in terms of the display, connectivity and photographic sector. As with previous versions, two versions will be available: a model with a 12,9″ and one with a 11″. Let’s see in detail all the improvements made by Apple for both versions.
iPad Pro: technical sheet
- Display (12.9 ″ model): Liquid Retina XDR with technology Mini LED and resolution of 2732 x 2048p, Wide P3 color gamut, True Tone technology to reduce eye strain, ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rate, Anti-reflective coating, 1600nit peak brightness (HDR);
- Display (11 ″ model): Liquid Retina with technology Mini Led and resolution of 2388 x 1688p;
- CPU: SoC Apple M1 CPU 8-core (4 core performance e 4 efficiency core), Neural Engin 16-core;
- GPU: GPU 8-core;
- RAM: 8GB/16GB (according to the cut of ROM memory you choose);
- ROM: 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB/2TB;
- rear camera: wide angle from 12MP, f / 1.8, ultra wide angle from 10MP, f / 2.4, angle of view 125 °, 5-element lens, True Tone Flash, Lidar Scanner, video recording up to 4k at 60 fps;
- front camera: True Depth, ultra wide angle from 12MP with 122 ° angle of view (f / 2.4), support Center Stage (automatic framing), video recording up to 1080p;
- connectivity: Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax); dual band simultanea (2,4GHz e 5GHz); HT80 con tecnologia MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0;
- connectivity (version with WWAN modem): 5G NR (bande n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n38, n40, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79), FDD-LTE (bande 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71), TD-LTE (bande 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48), UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), solo dati, chiamate su rete Wi-Fi, eSIM;
- sensors: FaceID, 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer, ambient light sensor;
- dimensions (12.9 ″ model): 280,6 x 214,9 x 6,4mm;
- dimensions (11 “model): 247,6 x 178,5 x 5,9mm;
- weight (12.9 ″ model): 682g (Wi-Fi only variant) / 684g (Wi-Fi + WWAN);
- weight (11 “model): 466g (Wi-Fi only variant) / 468g (Wi-Fi + WWAN);
- colors: silver and space gray;
- 12.9 “model price: 1.219€ (pre-orders open from April 30th and availability set for the second half of May);
- 11 ″ model price: 899€ (pre-orders open from April 30th and availability set for the second half of May);
iPad Pro: analysis
As we read, the updates made are many, starting with the processor, the workhorse of this new generation that will provide computing power for any use, from video editing to spreadsheet processing for example. Apple talks about a performance increase equal to 50% on the CPU side and a power increase of 40% on the GPU side (means compared to the CPU and GPU of previous iPad Pro models). The new enhanced GPU combined with faster flash memories will provide satisfactory performance even in the use of videogame applications. The 8GB and beyond of memory RAM (depending on the version you choose) will allow a multitasking granite in the workplace. The internal storage memory will reach up to 2TB (~ 2048GB) and will allow you to store a disproportionate amount of files of different nature before having to eventually resort to services in the Cloud.
Display and connectivity
The new display with technology Mini Led will provide a very high level of definition and brightness, without being extremely energy-consuming for the battery, which will guarantee a high number of hours of use. Note that the panel mounted on the new iPad Pro will support ProMotion technology which will allow you to have a adaptive refresh rate.
On the connectivity side, the company has integrated a port into its new devices Thunderbolt e USB4as well as adding a modem WWAN 5G for maximum web browsing speed away from home and support for e.g. Finally, speaking of the photographic sector, the new main lens from 12MP will be able to take advantage of a new feature called Center Stage. The latter thanks to specific AI algorithms will be able to always keep the shot on the subject during, for example, video calls.
What do you think of Apple’s new generation iPad Pro? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, do not forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!