Leica launches the new Leitz Phone 2 on the market, a top of the range in all respects equipped with a superlative camera, let’s find out together
Despite the already important past and present partnerships with other brands in the sector, such as Huawei e XiaomiLeica decides to launch its very own smartphone, the Leitz phone 2. However, it is a customized variant of the already existing Aquos R7, with which it shares most of the technical characteristics.
Among the latter we find the top-of-the-range processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of ROM. What makes this smartphone unique, however, is the photographic part, specially curated by Leica with specific lenses and software, such as the Leitz Looka mode capable of simulating the appearance of Leica M.
Leitz Phone 2: technical sheet
- Display: 6,6″ OLED Pro IGZO 10 bit 240 Hz fino a 2.000 nits
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- RAM: 12 GB
- ROM: 512 GB UFS 3.1 type expandable up to 1 TB
- Rear cameras:
- 47.2 MegaPixel 1 “with Leica SUMMICRON lenses and f / 1.9 aperture
- 2 MegaPixel depth
- Front camera: 12,6 MegaPixel
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, ingresso USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh with fast and wireless charging
- Other: 5G, Dolby Atmos, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, IP68 water and dust certification and Leitz Look mode
- Operating system: Android 12
Availability and price
Leitz Phone 2 is currently only available for Japanese marketat the exclusive price of 225,360 yen, approximately 1.550 euro. What do you think of the new Leica smartphone? Would you like to see it also in our market?
Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, do not forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!