The developer Codemasters and the publisher Electronic Arts today revealed all the news of the new update of EA SPORTS F1 22. Starting October 11, players will be able to benefit from a number of items that will arrive in-game on a weekly basis.
“We’ve packed a lot into the latest update, with something for all players,” he said Paul Jeal, Senior Director F1 Franchise di Codemasters. “Whether it’s vibrant Podium Pass items, crazy celebratory dances, a new racing icon or the full 2022 F2 season, players have plenty of new content available that offer them the perfect excuse to get back on track.” .
All the news of the new F1 22 update
- F2: From 11 October, players will now be able to line up on the starting grid for a season of 14 races, including the F2 Sprint, competing against new competitors Logan Sargeant, Jack Doohan and the recently crowned champion, Felipe Drugovich.
- Icon of Mika Häkkinen per My Team: from 17 October. In addition, Champions Edition players will be able to rekindle old rivalries by competing against other Icons of the game, including Michael Schumacher, whom Häkkinen called his greatest rival.
- McLaren Racing special Future Mode livery: Inspired by the futuristic and innovative landscapes of Singapore and Japan. It is included as a free download for all players for a limited time.
- Free Future Mode Livery: starting from December
- The Griddy podium celebration helmet, jumpsuit, gloves and US themed livery: from 17 October
- 30 free and VIP levels of Podium Pass Series 3. The Pass will be launched on 12 October
Our F1 22 review reads:
“F1 22 is a game for Formula 1 lovers. It’s not perfect, mind you. Probably Codemasters would have needed a few more months to better integrate all the innovations provided for by the FIA regulations and to refine some graphic elements. Let’s not forget that it is not a real driving simulator. We are still in the middle, in the limbo between sim racing and arcades. However, we cannot consider it a defect. In reality Codemasters’ compromise allows both experts and newbies to enjoy the title, relying on a good level of challenge and a series of mechanics that bring the game closer to reality. In short, this F1 22 is definitely promoted for us. “