Minisforum has just announced the arrival of the new HX90G, the first mini PC with dedicated graphics from AMD. Let’s see all the details
The world of mini PC is undergoing a really important expansion in recent years. While they may not rank at the top of the charts in terms of performance, overall they have many features that make them appealing to the general public. Today in particular we will go to see the new Hx90Gin pre-order from next month on the official Minisforum website, the world’s first mini PC with dedicated AMD graphics and that will satisfy the needs of many users.
AMD dedicated graphics and more for the new Minisforum HX90G
The Neptune series is coming to the Minisforum family and brings with it multiple products ready to be sold to a large segment of the public. Among the major innovations we will see products with AMD Ryzen9 5900HX e AMD Radeon RX 6650M, AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX e AMD Radeon RX 6650M and finally others with 12th Generation Intel Alder Lake with dedicated AMD graphics. The first of all, however, will be precisely the HX90G. Here is the data sheet:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 8 core/ 16 Threads
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6650M (GDDR6 8 GB)
- RAM: DDR4 8 GB x 2 dual channel
- Storage: M.2 2280 PCIe SSD with 512 GB
- Expandable: M.2 2280 SSD slot (supports NGFF SATA or NVMe PCIe 3.0)
- Wireless connectivity: M.2 2230 Wi-Fi support (Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
- Ethernet: 2500 Mbps LAN
- Video output: HDMI (4K, 60 Hz) x 2, DisplayPort (4K, 60 Hz) x 2
- Audio output: HDMI x 2, DisplayPort x 2, jack per cuffie x 1
- Peripheral interface: RJ45 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port x 1, USB 3.1 port x 1 (Gen1, front), USB 3.2 port x 3 (Gen2, rear), USB-C port x 1 (Gen1), Clear CMOS x 1, microphone jack x 1
- Diet: DC 19V (adapter included)
- Operating system: Windows 11 Pro
From a frame design standpoint, the HX90G will have the latest which is of only 2.8 liters. Inside there will be 7 tubes for heat dissipation (3 for CPU and 4 for GPU), one dual intelligent fan and liquid metal for both the CPU and GPU. The excellent heat dissipation design allows the mini PC to keep the noise relatively low even under full load. Also, CPu and GPU together, under 100% load consume 50 W and 100 W respectively.
The HX90G therefore mounts a 260 W power supply. According to the company, with these characteristics the PC is capable of run the Radeon RX 6650M at 100% without any loss of performance. As for the cost of this mini PC, it has not yet been revealed. We remind you that it will be available for pre-order starting next month. In order not to miss future news about it, keep following the pages of TechGameWorld.com!
The article Minisforum HX90G: the first mini PC with AMD dedicated graphics comes from TechGameWorld.com.