Motorola has announced the release in Italy of the new Moto G100 and Moto G50 that renew the Moto G range, now in its tenth iteration
The US company offers two new smartphones for the Italian market that update the Moto G family, let’s talk about the Moto G100 e Moto G50. The most performing under the hardware profile is the G100, which integrates a SoC Snapdragon 870, which represents a middle ground in terms of power between the Snapdragon 888 and the Snapdragon 865+.
It is also equipped with well 8GB of memory RAM of type LPDDR5 and of 128GB of memory ROM of type UFS 3.1, the fastest technology currently makes available. It is also expandable via slot for MicroSD. The smaller model, the G50 in fact, is characterized by a SoC Snapdragon 480 and “alone” 4GB of memory RAM e 64/128GB of ROM, always expandable via the entrance for MicroSD. Note of merit for both models is the compatibility with the 5G networks joined to the support Dual SIM (slot ibrido) and in the presence of a jack audio da 3,5mm.
Moto G100: technical sheet
Going to analyze in detail the hardware of the device, we find:
- Display: LCD gives 6,7″ FHD+ (2520 x 1080), 21:9 Cinema Vision with refresh rate up to 90Hz;
- CPU: SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 870;
- RAM: 8GB;
- ROM: 128GB UFS 3.1 with Turbo Write expandable via card MicroSD;
- rear camera: main from 64MP, 1/2 ″ lens, f / 1.7 aperture, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle (FOV 117°), Macro Vision, apertura f/2,2, 2MP depth, apertura f/2,4, TOF Advanced Laser Autofocus;
- front camera: 16MP, apertura f/2,2, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle (FOV 118°), apertura f/2,4;
- connectivity: module 5G, Dual SIM (Slot ibrido), Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6 dualband;
- battery: 5.000 mAh with support for fast charging 20W;
- dimensions: 168,38 x 73,97 x 9,69mm;
- weight: 207g;
- colors: Iridescent Sky, Iridescent Ocean e Slate Grey (from April);
- YOU: Android 11
- Price: 599,99 euro (499,99 from 26 March to 18 April)
Thanks to the gigantic 6.7 ″ IPS panel with FHD + resolution we will be able to better appreciate the streaming contents or the photographs taken by us thanks to the brilliance of the colors offered by the display. Again, thanks to the refresh rate up to 90Hz we will be able to notice less “blur” when scrolling web pages or sudden visual changes in FPS games. We will then have a declared autonomy of up to 2 days of “typical” use (ie web browsing, messaging applications and some light video games for the video processor) thanks to the large 5000mAh battery with 20W Turbo Power recharge.
Finally, it should be noted that this smartphone is the first to support the new platform “Ready For”Created by Motorola. The latter allows, once the device is connected to your home TV or external monitor via a Type-C / Type-C or Type-C / HDMI cable, to view on the latter what appears on the phone display (then do a real “mirroring“), Or activate a”Mobile Desktop”Which will allow you to work in a multi-window environment allowing you to also connect a wireless mouse and keyboard.
Moto G50: technical sheet
- Display: IPS gives 6,5″ Max Vision, HD+ (1600×720) e 269ppi;
- CPU: SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 480;
- RAM: 4GB;
- ROM: 64GB/128GB for internal storage expandable with MicroSD;
- rear camera: 48MP+5MP+2MP;
- front camera: 12MP;
- connectivity: Modem 5G, Dual SIM (Slot ibrido), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac;
- battery: 5000mAh with refill a 10W;
- dimensions: 164,9 x 74,9 x 8,95mm;
- weight: 192g;
- colors: Steel Grey e Aqua Green;
- YOU: Android 11;
- Price: 279,90 euro
Despite having a slightly smaller 6.5 ″ IPS display, it is only HD +, therefore it supports a resolution up to 1600 x 720. The 4GB of RAM should satisfy different types of users, but certainly not those looking for a smartphone mainly for extreme videogame applications or for heavy multitasking. Despite this, it is a phone that for the price range in which it falls could be tempting to many, given that the hardware it mounts allows it to do a little bit of everything with ease.
What do you think of the new Motorola smartphones? Let us know yours below in the comments. Finally, do not forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!