NVIDIA recently released new updates to his family of technologies for scaling, including the new version of DLSS 2.3 and an algorithm update NVIDIA Image Scaling, now available for all titles.
NVIDIA DLSS 2.3 and Image Scaling update: here are the news
NVIDIA DLSS now offers the highest image quality e performance enhanced on beyond 130 games and applications. With the new SDK DLSS 2.3 now it is ready to improve even more. This version makes even more intelligent use of motion vectors to improve object detail, particle reconstruction, ghosting effect and temporal stability.
Below are the titles they have already received DLSS 2.3:
- Baldur’s Gate 3;
- Bright Memory: Infinite;
- Cyberpunk 2077;
- Crysis 2 Remastered;
- Crysis 3 Remastered;
- DOOM Eternal;
- Farming Simulator 22 (support arrives November 22);
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition;
- Jurassic World Evolution 2;
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy;
- Rise of the Tomb Raider;
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider;
- Sword & Fairy 7.
DLSS is a technology based onartificial intelligence and is capable of increase frame rates, while maintaining image quality comparable to the native resolution.
Spatial upscaling for all games
For over two years, NVIDIA has offered a driver-based spatial upscaler called NVIDIA Image Scaling in the NVIDIA Control Panel. This function allows sharpening e l’upscaling for all games. With the new driver Game Ready for November, the team is rolling out updates to the scaling and sharpening algorithm. The goal is to make it more accessible through GeForce Experience.
The new algorithm uses a 6-tap filter with scaling in 4 directions e adaptive sharpness filters to increase performance. NVIDIA is also releasing the NVIDIA Image Scaling algorithm as SDK open source to offer better scalability and spatial clarity and work on all GPUs and platforms. The SDK is now available on GitHub to allow all developers to integrate into their games.
To conclude, new titles will receive DLSS in November, including:
- Assetto Corsa Competition will add DLSS very soon, boosting performance up to 2x.
- AWAY: The Survival gets the DLSS starting today. This technology will double your gaming performance.
- Battlefield 2042 is now available with DLSS, ray tracing and NVIDIA Reflex, resulting in twice the performance.
- Bright Memory: Infinite is now available with DLSS, ray tracing and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS increases performance up to 2.5 times.
- Elder Scrolls Online is now available with DLSS and DLAA.
- Farming Simulator 22 will be launched on November 22 with DLSS and DLAA.
- Hot Wheels Unleashed is now available with DLSS.
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 is now available with DLSS and sees a performance increase of up to 60%.
- Myth of Empires will launch on November 18th with ray tracing and DLSS. DLSS improves performance up to 1.5 times.