Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, will make its Pokémon GO debut during the fashion week special event, along with some of its forms! Niantic invite all Trainers to keep an eye on the various stylishly dressed Pokémon that will appear in the wild and in raids, along with the new avatar items available in the shop. To celebrate the event, a one-of-a-kind sale of selected avatar items will be held in the shop. Here are all the details.
Pokémon GO: fashion week begins
The new event has already started and will run until 20:00 on Tuesday 28 September 2021 (local time) and for the occasion Furfrou made his game debut. Some of its different forms will be available in certain regions of the world. A new game mechanism will also be active to change the shape, selecting the one you prefer:
- Wild form: available in the wild all over the world
- Gentlewoman cut: available as a shape changer worldwide
- Gentleman cut: available as a shape changer worldwide
- Miss cut: available as a shape change in the Americas
- Diamond cut: Available as a shape change in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Star cut: available as a shape change in the Asia-Pacific region
- Queen cut: available as a shape change in France
- Kabuki cut: available as a shape change in Japan
- Pharaoh cut: available as shape change in Egypt
- Heart cut: stay tuned!
On top of that, Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle are wearing stylish costumes for the first time! The costumed Pokémon that starred at last year’s Fashion Week event, such as Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk, will also return.
The next part of the Season Special Research story of the Mischievous Pokémon, Misunderstood Birbanteries will also be unlocked. The task of the Pokémon GO explorers will be to help Professor Willow discover how Furfrou and other Pokémo change their appearance.
Then, by completing the special research, there will be the possibility to meet Meloetta, the mysterious Pokémon with the splendid voice. For players who have already had access to the exclusive Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Special Research, completing this new Special Research will allow them to earn Meloetta candies.
In addition to Furfrou, costumed Pokémon like Kirlia, Blitzle and Croagunk they will appear in the wild. The lucky ones will also be able to meet Butterfree in costume.
- Costumed Pokémon such as Sneasel and Shinx will appear in one-star raids.
- Costumed Pokémon such as Butterfree and Kirlia will appear in three-star raids.
- Pokémon that appear in Five-Star Raids and Mega Raids will not change, contrary to what was previously announced.
- The following Pokémon will hatch from 7km Eggs: Meowth of Alola, Meowth of Galar, Smoochum, and Shinx, both wearing a fashionable costume.
Also available chromatic forms by Butterfree, Sneasel, Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, Croagunk or Blitzle, all wearing stylish costumes! Shiny Blitzle may also be encountered without a costume at the end of fashion week, however the Pokémon in the wild won’t appear very often.
Furfrou’s debut in Pokémon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the shapes of some Pokémon. To change the Furfrou cut, you will need to follow these steps:
- Furfrou initially appears with a Wild Cut.
- To change form, select Furfrou in your Pokémon space, then press the button Change shape to display a menu listing the available cuts.
- Then select the desired Cut.
- The cost to change the Furfrou Cut is 25 Furfrou Candies and 10,000 Stardust.
During this event, trainers will be able to find out as much as possible about the forms of Furfrou and other Pokémon. To continue the research on Hoopa, the Birba Pokémon, it is essential to remember to log in and at the same time all players will be able to show their unique style and that of their Pokémon.