The price of the PlayStation 5 is increasing. Sony has stated that it will raise the prices of the console in various countries: the fault, according to what has been revealed, is of the global economic challenges. The price increase will occur in the following countries: UK, Europe, Japan, China, Australia, Mexico and Canada. Prices will increase by 10% in Europa and about 6% in the UK, due to inflation affecting Sony and many other companies. At the moment it appears that there will be no price hike in the United States.
Increase the price of PlayStation 5 in various countries
Jim RyanPresident and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said:
“We are seeing global inflation rates elevated and currency developments unfavorable, which impact consumers and create pressure on many sectors. Based on these difficult economic conditions, SIE made the difficult decision to increase the recommended retail price of the PlayStation 5 in selected markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Canada ”.
I new prices take effect immediatelywith the exception of the increase in Japan which will take effect on September 15. Although Sony is raising the prices of the PS5, the supply situation is still a problem in many markets. “Our top priority continues to be to improve the PS5 supply situation, so that as many players as possible can experience all that PS5 offers and what is yet to come,” said Ryan.
Below are the new PlayStation 5 prices in the various countries.
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – 549,99 euro (Previously 499.99)
- PS5 Digital Edition – 449,99 euro (€ 399.99 previously)
- United Kingdom:
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Player – 479.99 pounds (Previously 449.99)
- PS5 Digital Edition – 389.99 pounds (359.99 previously)
- Japan (from 15 September 2022):
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – 60.478 yen (Previously 49,980)
- PS5 Digital Edition – 49.478 yen (Previously 39,980)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – 4.299 yuan (3,899 previously)
- PS5 Digital Edition – 3.499 yuan (3,099 previously)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – 799.95 Australian dollars (749.95 previously)
- PS5 Digital Edition – 649.95 Australian dollars (Previously 599.95)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – MXN $14,999 (MXN $ 13,999 previously)
- PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499 (MXN $ 11,499 previously)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive – CAD $649,99 (629.99 previously)
- PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519,99 (Previously 499.99)