Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege
Released June 7, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Year 7 Season 2 introduces Operation Vector Glare. This will come with a new Operator, a new close quartet map and numerous new equipment. Let’s find out everything there is to know.
All the news of the Year 7 Season 2 of Rainbow Six Siege
Operation Vector Glare will allow players to take advantage of Sens, a new Operator directly from Belgium. But this is not the only novelty: it will be possible to try your hand at a new map for team deathmatches, and benefit from Phase 1 of the new Reputation System. Below all the new features.
- Sens: Belgian, tactical expert with extensive military experience, despite being trained in Psychology. He is a slow but strong stamina Operator, armed with POF-9 or 417 as a primary weapon and SDP 9MM or SKIRT-6 as a secondary weapon. Sens will have at its disposal the ROU Projector System, which consists of a tool that releases small temporary projectors that block the opponents’ firing line.
- New map map for Team Deathmatches: This is set in Greece, and will lead players to have to fight in the Close Quarter, therefore tight spaces that favor movement to the defensive barricades.
- A new privacy mode: will be available in the Options menu for all players.
- Reputation system updated: will reward players who behave well and correctly. The update will lead to the automatic activation of Friendly Fire for those who excessively injure teammates. Players will receive two warnings before the penalty is triggered, which will last until several matches are completed without injuring teammates. The system will also monitor the deletion processes of the games.
- Shooting range: a space that will act as a training ground, to try out the various weapons and accessories, and choose the ones that best suit your style of play. A great way to prepare for the most competitive matches.
- Operator Guide: Learn more about individual Operators and their unique skills.
- Additional slot for the secondary weapon: introduction of a third slot for certain Operators.
- Screen settings: a new option will be introduced which will allow you to adjust the intensity of the screen movements.
- Special units: it is a purely narrative change. The Operators will now be divided into special units, these will work together to complete the mission for world protection.
- Wolfguard team: a humane, compassionate and prudent military unit. The members of this team are trained in field medicine and specialize in one type of protection: Lion, Montagne, Nomad, Twitch, Ying, Sens, Clash, Melusi, Bandit, Frost, Thunderbird, Castle. At the head of the Wolfguard Squad will be Doc.
- Squad Up Reactivation Program: Players will be able to invite up to four players who have not yet played Year 7. After five matches together in any PVP mode, rewards will be awarded to all participants. Players will receive rewards for each of the four friends who have completed the program.
A crossover with Yakuza is coming
Ubisoft also announced a new partnership with SEGA, which will lead to a crossover between Rainbow Six Siege and the popular Yakuza franchise. The collaboration will lead to a bundle for Operator Ibana inspired by Kaoru Sayama, and one for Echo (inspired by Kiryu Kazuma). Also announced a new elite skin for Echo, also Yakuza themed.
Year 7 Season 2 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Vector Glare will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One family, Xbox Series X | S, Windows PC starting June 7, 2022.