BOE will be the main display supplier of the iPhone 15s

Apple rinnova l'Always On Display con iOS 16.2 thumbnail

Apple is finalizing the project of new iPhones 15 which will debut on the market during the next month of September. According to a new report, BOE should be the main supplier of OLED panels that Apple will use for i future iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus. The Chinese company would have surpassed Samsung Display, winning an important order from Apple.

Apple chooses BOE for most of the iPhone 15 displays

According to a report by Ming-Chi Kuo, BOE will be responsible for the production of most of the displays of the future iPhone 15 and 15 Plus. The company should, in fact, fsupply about 70% of OLED panels to Apple. The remaining 30%, however, will be entrusted to Samsung Display.

It should also be noted that BOE is expected to become an increasingly important supplier for Apple also regarding the range Pro. In this case, the percentage of panels that BOE will supply to Apple (starting in 2024) will be 20-30%. The main supplier will continue to be Samsung.

Further details on Apple’s choice of suppliers for the new iPhone displays will arrive in the coming weeks. In particular, the iPhone 15 range is now on the launch pad. The production of the first units, in fact, will start in the coming months. The debut of Apple’s smartphones is expected in September 2023.