Google recently released the November security patch by and Pixel devices that use the Android 14 operating system. These updates, distributed OTA, will arrive gradually over the next few weeks.
Google, November security patch for Pixels with Android 14
If you have not yet received the update notification, you can manually check for new updates by accessing the menu Settings > System > System update > Check for updates.
As HDBlog points out, devices eligible for these patches include a wide range of Pixel models. There are Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, Pixel 7a, Pixel Tablet, Pixel Fold, Pixel 8, e Pixel 8 Pro.
These patches aren’t just limited to security improvements, they also deliver. Some of the areas touched by these fixes include:
- Fixed an issue with a green flash occasionally displayed when display turned off under certain conditions (Pixel 7 Pro only).
- Fixed NFC instability and services under specific conditions.
- Resolved an issue related to system instability when apps invoked an app no longer installed.
- Addresses an issue that caused out of space or reboot cycles on devices with multiple users enabled (Pixel 6, 6a, 6 Pro, 7, 7 Pro, 7a, Tablet, Fold, 8, 8 Pro).
- Fixed a problem that was happening desktop icons disappear after unlocking the device.
- Resolved a wallpaper issue for devices with notch or hole camera.
- Addresses an issue with screen jerkiness when touch registration became inaccurate (Pixel 8, 8 Pro).
It is worth updating for everyone, but especially for those experiencing similar problems.