After conquering the public on Nintendo Switch, the award-winning dungeon crawler rogue-like Hades is ready to land on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 e Xbox Series X | S. The title developed by Supergiant Games arrives on consoles on August 13, 2021.
We at Tech Princess have received a copy of the game and the opportunity to try it on PS4. Are you curious to know what we think?
Hades lands on PlayStation 4: the plot
Hades it’s a title rogue-like-action developed and published by Supergiant Games. The title came out on PC e Nintendo Switch in September 2020 and is now ready to land on consoles. In the title, players take on the role of Zagreus, the son of Ade, whose goal is to escape from Hell and reach Mount Olympus.
During his journey, Zagreus receives the help of several Greek gods, who each time offer him gifts capable of defeating the creatures and enemies he encounters in his path. For what reason Zagreus is fleeing from the Underworld?
After discovering that Nyx she is not his real mother, he decides to look for hers biological mother, that is to say Persephone, who however lives in the world of mortals. The interesting aspect of the title concerns theincredible variety of deities e creatures belonging to Greek mythology, redesigned and adapted by the studio for this incredible title.
In the course of his adventure, we accompany Zagreus in this one fight against Hell and its attempt to escape to meet his biological mother. If you want to read a full review for the title, you can check out our Nintendo Switch review.
Below are the main features of the title.
- A hellish escape: As the prince of the Underworld, you will wield the powers and mythological weapons of Olympus, to free yourself from the clutches of the God of the Dead.
- Unleash the fury of Olympus: let yourself be helped by the gods of Olympus. Zeus, Athena, Poseidon and many others will give you gifts. Then choose from the dozens of benefits available to upgrade your skills and become stronger.
- Meet gods, ghosts and monsters: a cast of colorful and memorable characters, fully voiced, awaits you. Develop your relationship with them and discover hundreds of unique storyline events.
- Maximum replayability: new surprises await you with each new exploration of the ever-changing mazes of the underworld, whose boss guardians will remember your passage. Then use the powerful Night’s Mirror to become stronger permanently.
- The unmistakable Supergiant style: The atmospheric presentation and the unique combination of narrative and gameplay typical of Supergiant games are also returning to Hades: the spectacular hand-drawn environments and immersive soundtrack sumptuously bring the kingdom of the dead to life.
Now let’s analyze the physical copy that we have received, its bonuses and much more.
The physical copy of Hades: simple but impactful
The physical copy of Hades for PlayStation 4 results simple but impactful. This edition also includes a couple of bonus content that lovers of the genre will certainly appreciate a lot. Inside there are a code which allows us to download the original game soundtrack, composed by Darren Korb. So get ready for two and a half hours of adrenaline-pumping and energetic music, coming straight from the flames of Hell.
A wonderful 32 page full color booklet which shows us the characters of the game including gods, ghosts and even the creatures we will fight against. Jen Zee’s illustrations seem to come to life: they are amazing, particular and have their own personality.
Our PlayStation 4 version, as well as all physical editions, offers free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version. Besides, the game also exploits it Smart Delivery which allows you to access the two versions for Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S on launch day.
As you can imagine, the PlayStation 4 version of Hades does not make substantial changes to the game’s plot, it only focuses on offering a better graphics sector. We can say that we were completely amazed.
Once you start the game, you are enveloped by vibrant colors e dynamic and that, in a sense, there teleportano within the title. The images are crystalline e well detailed, every single color comes to life and blends with the whole scene. Thanks to the improved graphics and the potential of 4K, even the fights are more dynamic ed power.
Hades managed to win audiences on PC and Nintendo Switch last year and it has been incredibly appreciated even by critics. After winning numerous awards, including Best Indie and Best Action ai The Game Awards 2020, the Supergiant Games title is now ready to conquer gamers on Xbox and PlayStation.
The breakthrough, from a graphic point of view, it is clearly visible and allows us to appreciate even more the animations created by the studio. This version has all the credentials to become, once again, the game of the year.
To conclude we remind you that Hades is already available on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. From 13 August, however, it will also be available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S.