The Chinese multinational has recently announced the arrival of the new Huawei Nova 8i, a mid-to-high-end smartphone equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC and up to 8GB of RAM
The new smartphone Huawei Nova 8i stands out for a decidedly unique design due to the presence, on the upper left edge of the display, of a “Pill notch” that houses the front camera gives 16MP. The back of the phone is also particular since the photographic sector, whose main sensor is from 64MP, is enclosed in a circular form. Regarding the screen, it is a IPS LCD gives 6,67″ FHD+ with thin bezels and touch refresh rate of 180Hz.
Huawei Nova 8i: technical sheet
The complete hardware equipment includes:
- Display: LCD IPS gives 6,67″ FHD+ with touch refresh rate of 180Hz;
- CPU: SoC Snapdragon 662 Octa-core 2.0 GHz;
- RAM: 6GB/8GB;
- ROM: 128GB;
- rear camera: main from 64MP, f / 1.9 + optics; Ultra wide angle from 8MP, f / 2.4 optics; Macro lens from 2MP, f / 2.4 optics; lens depth from 2MP, f / 2.4 optics;
- front camera: 16MP;
- connectivity: 4G LTE Dual-sim, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, BT 5.0, GPS assistito;
- battery: 4300mAh with fast charging support a 66W;
- dimensions: 161,85 x 74,7 x 8,58mm;
- weight: 190g;
- colors: Moonlight Silver, Interstellar Blue, Starry Black;
- YOU: Android 10 with EMUI 11 – without Google services;
- 8GB RAM / 128GB ROM version price: ~265€
Huawei Nova 8i: analysis
Although it will be available in 2 different configurations, at the moment we only know the price of the variant with 8GB of memory RAM on board. The screen LCD IPS gives 6,67″ with resolution FHD+ will allow a satisfying viewing of video content thanks to the intense colors offered by this type of panel. Not being an OLED, however, it will not enjoy “absolute” blacks. The SoC Snapdragon 662 together with 6GB and beyond of memory RAM they will guarantee solid performance in any context of use, even for videogames (obviously with some compromises in the case of particularly complex titles). The photographic sector consists of 4 goals and will give away quality shots thanks to the main sensor from 64MP.
In terms of connectivity non the 5G modem is present. However, it must be said that the support for 4G LTE networks will still allow web browsing and very fast data download / upload. Finally, speaking of autonomy, the battery gives 4300mAh will ensure 1 day of operation and, thanks to fast charging a 66W, can fully recharge in just about 40 minutes. Important note: the operating system that will move the device is Android 10 con EMUI 11, ma will not support Google services.
What do you think of the new mid-range smartphone of Huawei? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, do not forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!