How to unlock an owner-locked iPhone? Let’s find out all the steps in this dedicated article
When you come across an owner-locked iPhone, it means your iPhone or iPad has been locked by iCloud Activation Lock. Only devices with Find My enabled have the iCloud Activation Lock feature, which ensures the safety of your iOS device information and data and prevents others from using your iPhone. Unlocking iCloud Activation Lock without Apple ID and password is difficult, but not impossible. Below, we will introduce several methods to unlock owner-locked iPhone.
Method 1. Contact the previous owner to get the Apple ID passcode
To bypass the owner-locked iPhone screen, you need to provide the correct Apple ID and password; if you don’t have one, contact the seller or the previous owner and ask them to provide you with this data. This is also the fastest method, but if you can’t contact the seller or the previous owner, you can skip this method and go directly to the second method to use Joyoshare Activation Unlocker.
- Phase 1: tap the Unlock with passcode option.
- Level 2: Enter the correct Apple ID and passcode and your iPhone will unlock immediately.
Method 2. Bypass Activation Lock with Joyoshare Activation Unlocker
iPhone owner locked how to unlock? If you are looking for a way to unlock iCloud activation lock with a high success rate, you can try Joyoshare Activation Unlocker, which can help you remove iPhone locked by owner screen on your device without Apple ID and password. The main features of Joyoshare Activation Unlocker are as follows.
- It allows you to easily bypass the activation lock screen without knowing your Apple ID and password.
- It allows you to delete iCloud account and unlock Apple ID.
- Help turn off Find My
- It supports not only iPhone, but also iPad and iPod touch
- Available for different iCloud lock situations
Here are the steps to unlock an owner locked iPhone with Joyoshare Activation Unlocker.
Step 1: Download and install Joyoshare Activation Unlocker from its official website. Launch Joyoshare software when it is available.
Step 2: click the Start button and connect the iPhone you intend to unlock to the computer using a USB-Lightning cable.
Step 3: Follow the onscreen steps to jailbreak your iOS device.
Step 4: click Start to Remove button, then Joyoshare software will start to unlock iCloud activation lock. The unlocking will take place after a few minutes. After that, you can set up your iPhone as if it were new.
Method 3. Bypass Activation Lock on iPhone via DNS
iPhone owner locked how to unlock it? The DNS method is also a useful technique to remove the activation lock from an iPhone without the previous owner’s information. Here are the steps to unlock iPhone using DNS:
- Phase 1: configure the iPhone and go to the Wi-Fi settings page, then create a connection.
- Level 2: Enter the Wi-Fi network settings.
- Phase 3: select “Configure DNS” from the screen that appears and select the “Manual” option.
- Phase 4: Enter one of the following DNS values and click “Next” and “Back” repeatedly until the device connects to iCloud DNS bypass server to unlock iPhone.
- USA: 188.8.131.52
- Europa: 184.108.40.206
- Asia: 220.127.116.11
- South America: 18.104.22.168
- Australia e Oceania: 22.214.171.124
Method 4. Bypass owner-locked iPhone through Apple ID removal
There is another method to unlock owner-locked iPhone, that is to remove the iPhone that needs to be unlocked from iCloud. If you still wonder how to unlock owner locked iPhone, this is the last method. But even this method requires the cooperation of the seller or the previous owner. Here are the specific steps of the operation.
- Phase 1: contact the seller or previous owner of the iPhone and ask them to sign in to the iCloud website with the Apple ID and password needed to unlock the device.
- Level 2: ask the seller or previous owner to click the Find iPhone option, then All Devices. Now all the devices connected to this Apple ID will be displayed.
- Phase 3: let the seller or previous owner choose the device to unlock and click the Erase iPhone button. The device will be wiped remotely and the user will be able to set up the device using their Apple ID.
If the previous owner can’t be contacted or can’t remove Apple ID, you can try using a third-party tool like Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to remove Apple ID without password.
If the seller or previous owner is unwilling to enter the iCloud official site, you can have them use another iPhone or iPad to access Find My app. But make sure that the other iPhone or iPad has the same Apple ID as the one you want to unlock. Through the Find My app, the previous owner also has the right to choose which device to remove from the Apple ID.
For further updates and news, keep tuning in to techgameworld.com.