Lenovo and FC Internazionale Milano strengthen the technological partnership, expanding it to every aspect of the club. Thanks to this agreement, FC Internazionale Milano becomes one of the most technologically advanced football teams in the world – with smarter solutions in the training center and in the club headquarters, to transform the experience of players, fans and the entire community.
Lenovo and Football Club Internazionale Milano (Inter Milan) have strengthened their multi-year partnership by bringing the Lenovo logo on the back of the team’s iconic jersey starting from the 2021/2022 season. Lenovo has been a Global Technology Partner of Inter since 2019, instrumental in the transformation of the club’s digital experience, providing smarter technology solutions at the Suning Training Center in Appiano Gentile and at the Inter headquarters.
From servers, to data management, storage solutions and smart collaboration devices, to laptops, monitors and accessories, as an integral part of the agreement extension, Lenovo will support Inter with the technology to collect and manage a greater amount of data, transforming the club’s operations and leading to even better results both on and off the pitch. Lenovo’s smarter technology enables Inter to digitize historical archives and documents for simplified access to information. Inter’s football tradition is second to none. The only club to have played in the top flight of Italian football since its foundation in 1909, won the title of European champion three times. With 19 Seria A titles to his credit, Inter is the reigning Italian champion.
Lenovo and FC Internazionale Milano: together again
The partnership with Lenovo resulted in a number of operational management improvements of Inter since 2019:
- Performance and speed of data processing improved by 20%, with the management in the last two seasons of over 100 million data points monitored via GPS during training, of which 60 million data points associated with players
- The computing power of Lenovo’s servers reduced the time required to process reports by 25%
- Lenovo’s storage solutions are key to the management of 50,000 hours of digital video available in Media Asset Management (MAM), allowing the hosting of 400 terabytes of digital content in the Inter archive
- One of the most advanced solutions in Italy of workflow performance analysis, achieving greater stability, flexibility, scalability and security
Sponsorship of the jersey
The new jersey sponsorship agreement strengthens the union of two iconic brands that share values such as maximum performance and constant innovation. The strategic positioning of the Lenovo logo on the back of the shirt will lead to an increase in the visibility of the brand, both in the Serie A championship and during the Coppa Italia matches.
Global Technology Partner
Over the past two years we have seen Lenovo increasingly integrate into the club like Global Technology Partner. Such as the adoption of edge server devices to allow for ever greater efficiency in data collection and processing, which add to the support of the excellent performance of Lenovo PCs, monitors and smart collaboration devices. The new agreement provides for Lenovo to supply Inter with an IT solution complete with hardware, software and services:
- Technology for gamers: Unmatched data storage and processing capacity will help maximize player performance analytics data. Structured and unstructured data points will provide strategic information on player fitness and match analysis. During training sessions, the Global Positioning System (GPS) is used for analyzing players’ speed, distance, workload and impact on overall team performance, to inform Inter’s training program. The data will be used by the team during training not only for post-match analysis, but also to plan subsequent matches.
- Technology for the fans: interaction with beyond 50 million fans (with more followers in Asia than any other Italian club), Lenovo’s technology improves the fan experience during matches and provides access to the club’s daily activities. Lenovo’s Media Asset Management (MAM) solution gives Inter access to a huge online historical archive of digital assets, including 50,000 hours of video content, easily accessible and customizable on-demand. For example, fans can enter their name and date of birth in Inter’s digital archive to trace the history of the club throughout their lives.
- Business technology: Lenovo has configured the smart technology on the new needs of Inter, providing its expertise for the implementation of advanced technological solutions within the club headquarters and training facilities. Paving the way for new ways of working, Lenovo’s globally leading hardware and software solutions include ThinkPad laptops, ThinkVision monitors, ThinkSmart collaboration devices and more for the management of business operations in hybrid mode or remotely. Thanks to Lenovo’s smarter technologies, Inter can easily manage operational activities through web conferencing and remote working.
Alessandro Antonello, FC Internazionale Milano Corporate CEO, said:
The union of football and technology is essential today to take Inter to new heights – from the way we interact with the fans to the tools we have at our disposal – this partnership with Lenovo is at the heart of it all. We are happy to strengthen our relationship with Lenovo: together we can accelerate the innovation process that will make Inter an increasingly technologically advanced and future-oriented club.
Luca Rossi, President of Intelligent Devices Group, Lenovo, comments:
From the very beginning, our technology partnership with FC Internazionale Milano has brought tangible improvements in performance. More than a sponsorship, this is a meeting between winning mentalities oriented towards constant success both on and off the pitch. With a vision of bringing smarter technologies to everyone, we are thrilled to strengthen our partnership that will accelerate Inter’s digital transformation into the club of the future for the new generations and fans around the world.
That’s all from the hardware section, keep following us!