Michelin has chosen the Motor Bike Expo 2022 which will open its doors at the Verona Fair from today 13 January until Sunday 16 January, to unveil its new Road 6 and Road 6 GT touring motorcycle tires.
The new Michelin Road 6 is the result of two decades of development of the Michelin range of touring tires, starting from the original Pilot Road presented to the market in 2002.
Available in 8 sizes for the rear wheel and 6 for the front (including 110/80 and 120/70 sizes for 19-inch wheels), Michelin Road 6 it is also offered in a specific GT version, developed for the needs of super touring bikes such as the BMW K1600 GT/GTL o la Honda GL1800 Gold Wing.
Maintaining the high standards in terms of stability and dry grip that characterize the Road 5 series, the new Michelin Road 6 tire family features significant improvements in terms of stability, particularly on the front, thanks to the use of 2CT + technology ( 2 Compound Technology), a compound previously applied exclusively to rear tires.
Michelin Road 6, wet grip improved by 15%
Cornering stability has also been improved over the previous generation, with greater cornering stiffness, especially in conditions of hard acceleration or braking.
But the biggest evolution has been the increase in wet grip capacity, which Michelin calculates at 15%, thanks to the use of a new 100% silica compound, in addition to the new tread profile with Michelin Water Evergrip technology.
In practice, it is the result of a new one excellent 3D designszzato, combined with an optimized full-empty ratio, equal to 14% (the ratio between grooves and rubber), which favors better grip, both on dry and in rainy conditions, even after the tire has traveled many and many kilometers . Maximum reliability from the first to the last kilometer is what these tires promise, created thinking about the needs of touring motorcycles, but also sports, trail or roadster bikes, and which guarantee an estimated mileage 10% higher than the Road 5 family.
Below are all the marketed dimensions of the Road 6 and Road 6 GT
Michelin Road 6
– 110/70 ZR 17 M/C 54W ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 120/60 ZR 17 M/C (55W) ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 120/70 ZR 18 M/C (59W) ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 110/80 ZR 19 M/C (59W) ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 120/70 ZR 19 M/C (60W) ROAD 6 FRONT TL;
– 140/70 ZR 17 M/C 66W ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 150/60 ZR 17 M/C 66W ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 150/70 ZR 17 M/C (69W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 160/60 ZR 17 M/C (69W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 170/60 ZR 17 M/C (72W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 190/50 ZR 17 M/C (73W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
– 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) ROAD 6 REAR TL;
Michelin Road 6 GT
– 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) ROAD 6 GT FRONT TL;
– 180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) ROAD 6 GT REAR TL;
– 190/50 ZR 17 M/C (73W) ROAD 6 GT REAR TL;
– 190/55 ZR 17 M/C (75W) ROAD 6 GT REAR TL;