The list of new playable characters for Mortal Kombat 1 has been revealed in a new trailer. Let’s discover them together
During the meeting dedicated to Mortal Kombat 1 at San Diego Comic-Con InternationalWarner Bros. Games and NetherRealm Studios have revealed new playable characters who join the ranks of fighters featured in the game: Li Mei, Tanya e Baraka. The three wrestlers were presented in a new trailer focused on the Umgadi, a group of warrior priestesses dedicated to protecting the royal family of the Outer Kingdom, with a preview of the gameplay and some elements of the story.
Also announced during the meeting were the six playable characters that will be part of the downloadable content (DLC) Kombat Pack, which will arrive at a time after the game’s launch and will include Klassic fighters Quan Chi, Ermac and Takeda Takahashi, along with new fighters Peacemaker, Omni-Man and Patriot.
During the meeting on Mortal Kombat 1, the creative team of NetherRealm Studios joined famous voice actors to talk about Mortal Kombat 1 and introduce the reimagined story, characters, gameplay features, art style and more. Among those in attendance were Ed Boon (Creative Lead, NetherRealm Studios & Mortal Kombat co-creator), Dominic Cianciolo (Story & Voiceover Head, NetherRealm Studios), Thiago Gomes (Graphics Development Lead, NetherRealm Studios), Kelly Hu (X-Men 2, BMF, Young Justice), voice actress for Li Mei, and Yuri Lowenthal (He-Man and Masters of the Universe, Ben 10 franchise), voice actress smoke’s tower.
The list of first playable characters in Mortal Kombat 1
Main wrestlers and kameo wrestlers announced:
- Li Mei: former member of the Umgadi who now works as an officer in the Outworld police force and who has a number of magical abilities at his disposal
- Tanya: Leader of the Umgadi, she is a skilled fighter and one of the most trusted members of the order
- Baraka: Reduced to an outcast by the Tarkat plague that transformed him into a deadly monster, he now leads the other oppressed people of the Outrealm into battle
- Darrius: The classic character returns as a fighter Kameo, offering his assistance during battles with a variety of support moves
Kombat Pack (already available for pre-order as part of Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition and Kollector’s Edition):
- Quan ChiErmac e Takeda Takahashi
- Peacemaker (Character from the DC movie Suicide Squad and from the Peacemaker series)
- Omni-Man (Character from the original Invincible comic and animated series)
- Patriot (Character from The Boys series)
- Skin Jean-Claude Van Damme per Johnny Cage (with appearance and voice of Jean-Claude Van Damme)
- Ferra, Johnny Cage, Khameleon, Mavado e Tremor included as Kameo wrestlers
Mortal Kombat 1 is the latest installment of the acclaimed franchise video game developed by the award-winning NetherRealm Studios and features a revamped Mortal Kombat universe, with an all-new story and never-before-seen, re-imagined take on iconic heroes and villains. The game features a large cast of legendary fighters with completely rewritten pasts, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, Kenshi, Smoke, Li Mei, Tanya, Baraka and more, joined by a separate lineup of Kameo fighters who can help in the fights.
For more news, keep tuning in to techgameworld.com. Instead, to buy video games at a discounted price, take a look at the Kinguin catalogue.