The Cupertino company today showed the new iPad mini, a device now in its sixth generation equipped with an A15 Bionic SoC and an 8.3 ″ Liquid Retina display. Let’s find out all the details
Presented a few hours ago during the California streaming, the US multinational showed the new to the public iPad mini, tablet with a compact design and mounting the powerful chip A15 Bionic (the same present on the new iPhone 13 Pro) can provide excellent performance as well as the compatibility with 5G and Wi-Fi networks 6. In fact, the new Apple device will be available both in Wi-Fi version and with the integration of modem 5G to ensure the fastest web browsing speed outside the home. It is also interesting to note how the company has renewed the design of its device, now having flat edges and bezels around the screen significantly reduced compared to the past.
iPad mini 6th generation: data sheet
The new iPad mini will be equipped with:
- Display: 8.3 ″ (2266x1488p) LED-backlit Liquid Retina Multi ‑ Touch with IPS technology, 326ppi, True Tone, 500nit brightness, fingerprint-proof oleophobic coating and compatibility with Apple Pencil (2nd generation);
- CPU: SoC A15 Bionic with architecture a 64 bit, Neural Engine;
- ROM: 64GB/256GB;
- rear camera: Wide angle from 12MP, diaphragm with aperture ƒ/1.8, digital zoom up to 5x, five element lens, panorama (up to 63MP), automatic image stabilization, continuous shooting mode;
- front camera: sensor from 12MP with ultra-wide angle and Auto Framing;
- connectivity: Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax); dual band simultanea (2,4GHz e 5GHz), HT80 con tecnologia MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0;
- connectivity (version with WWAN modem): 5G NR (bande n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n29, n30, n38, n40, n41, n48, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79), FDD-LTE (bande 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71), TD-LTE (bande 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48), UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), solo dati, chiamate su rete Wi‑Fi, eSIM;
- sensors: Touch ID, 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer, ambient light sensor;
- dimensions: 195,4 x 134,8 x 6,3mm;
- weight: 293g;
- weight (Wi-Fi + WWAN 5G model): 297g;
- battery: 5000mAh;
- colors: Space Gray, Pink, Purple, Galaxy;
- YOU: iPad 15;
- Price and availability 64GB version, Wi-fi: from September 24th to 559€;
- Price and availability 64GB version, Wi-Fi + WWAN 5G: from September 24th to 729€;
- Price and availability version 256GB, Wi-Fi: from September 24th to 729€;
- Price and availability of the 256GB version, Wi-Fi + WWAN 5G: from 24 September to 899€
iPad mini 6th generation: analysis
As we read, the updates made involve the SoC of the device, this time equipped with a powerful one A15 Bionic capable of providing sufficient computing power for any use, from video editing to spreadsheet processing for example. Apple talks about a performance increase equal to 80% on the GPU side so as to have satisfactory performances even in the execution of videogames of a certain complexity. Improvements in computing power were also possible thanks to the new operating system implemented on this product, iPad 15. The internal storage memory will reach up to 256GB and will allow you to store a disproportionate amount of files of different nature before eventually having to resort to services in the Cloud. The compatibility with the second generation Apple Pencil. The latter could be magnetically attached to the frame of the device to recharge. There is also the Touch ID, this time integrated into the on / off button.
Display and connectivity
The new display with technology Liquid Retina reaches the 8,3″ and supports color space DCI-P3, the True Tone which will adjust the color temperature according to the lighting conditions, and a peak brightness from 500nits. This last feature makes the new iPad mini can also be used outdoors. On the connectivity front, the company has finally abandoned the Lightning connector in favor of a USB-C connector. Again, we have the addition of a modem WWAN 5G to offer the fastest web browsing speed away from home and support for e.g. Finally, speaking of the photographic sector, the new main lens from 12MP will be able to take advantage of a new feature called Center Stage thanks to which you can keep the shot on the subject during, for example, a video call. Regarding autonomy, the manufacturer declares up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi and up to 9 hours on the cellular data network. The new iPad mini will be released with the latest iPadOS 15 operating system on board.
What do you think of the new iPad mini’s Apple? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, don’t forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay up to date on all the news from the tech world!