Finally Nikon has developed its software for photo and video editing and it is totally free. It’s called Nikon NX Studio and will be able to serve amateur and non-amateur photographers
Nital is pleased to introduce Nikon NX Studio (version.1.0), a new Free software that allows Nikon users to seamlessly and easily view, process and edit images and videos. This intuitive software integrates the functions of Nikon’s current browser, ViewNX-i, with those of Capture NX-D image development, processing and editing software, enabling users to smoothly edit workflows within a single application.
Nikon NX Studio: the ultimate photo and video editing software
NX Studio inherits a wide range of functions from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, including detailed editing functions such as settings Picture Control, White Balance and Exposure Compensation for RAW data. Include inoltre i color control points which allow users to adjust colors within a specific area (without the need for edge selection) and the Touch-up brush function for advanced correction. The intuitive menu structure is organized by workflow, which improves the overall response speed for each function and ensures a smoother editing process for both images and videos.
This software will also allow users to transfer images to Nikon’s image storage and sharing service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, and will be constantly updated to ensure compatibility with new camera models. The software can be downloaded for free from the Nikon Download Center.
Main features of NX Studio
- Software that allows you to view, process and edit images and videos quickly and easily
- Intuitive menu, classified according to workflow, which makes it easier to use and understand
- Variety of viewing options, such as film with both horizontal and vertical preview options, plus an easy-to-read shooting data view
- Preset editing and management functions of XMP / IPTC information inherited from ViewNX-i and detailed editing functions of Capture NX-D, including color control points
- Compatibility with other software, such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2, which support a smooth post-shooting workflow
Certainly it will not be able to replace more professional suites with Lightroom or Capture One, but certainly for enthusiasts who do not want to waste too much time on their shots it can be a valid alternative.