Oppo presents the future of Flash Charge, faster, safer and smarter, designed for the consumer. Let’s see it all together
OPPO, one of the world’s leading companies in the smart device sector, has unveiled in occasion of the appointment What’s Next for Flash Charging, held in the frame of theevento OPPO Flash Charge Open Day, some Announcements relating to safety of your batteries, result of the continuous research in technology from fast charging and in development of her solution Flash Charge.
“The development of OPPO’s VOOC Flash Charge technology is based on the innovation of an entire fast charging system that includes the adapter, cable, PMIC, battery and other elements. Whether people choose wireless or wired charging, VOOC Flash Charge technology is now able to meet a wide range of needs when it comes to charging electronic devices, even in the most extreme circumstances. “
– he claims Jeff Zhang, Chief Scientist from OPPO VOOC Flash Charge.
Oppo Flash Charge: Safe charging, new updates and innovations create an even safer charging experience
OPPO has always had a place efficiency and the safety in first line in the development of technology Flash Charge. For this, the company has introduced a protection system security a five levels and has analyzed come new materials, AI algorithms, charging architectures and other factors, can be used to provide further innovations:
- Lower impedance fuse: the fuse contained in the protection system five-level Flash Charge security is capable of to protect the battery e physically isolate it from the power supply, in case of current overload or other anomalies. The improved design of the fuse has one lower internal resistance and offers better performance, further perfecting the safety level of the charging system.
- Gallium Nitride Switches (GaN): For the first time, OPPO used GaN switches on his smartphones. These switches are not only capable of get the same functionality of traditional switches MOSFET silicon on a smaller area, reducing so the necessary space, but theirs low impedance and the operation ad high voltage help to reduce the heat generation, improving its charging efficiency and reliability.
- Double cell battery design: the design of the double cell battery takes a step after you and allows you to provide the same power reducing the electric current and the heat generation, occupying less space and providing the same performance safety. The new set-up therefore allows for a increase of at least 5% from the capacity from the battery the same size.
- Battery safety detection chip: OPPO’s proprietary chip for the security detection battery with built-in AI algorithms he’s able to detect get it batteries have suffered external damage recognizing i voltage drops in real time based on a number of scenarios and act accordingly. If you believe that the voltage drop was caused by a damage to the battery, it smartphone will warn the user and will start further security measures to prevent further dangers.
- Composite current collector: OPPO has developed a safety battery composite structure with a brand new collector of current. The battery uses a new material inserted between two layers of aluminum which replaces the typical design found in other batteries. This sandwich structure is further coated with an additional protective material to constitute the structure a five layers of the collector of current. This improves the safety battery protecting it dai short circuits caused by external damage. Tests carried out in the OPPO laboratory show that, without compromising performance, the new battery passes the puncture tests e collision with a percentage of success of the 100%.
Smart Charging: Optimizing speed and battery life for perfect balance
During the event, OPPO has unveiled his new technology from smart charging designed for maintain speed charge within the safest range possible e adjust the current according to the different charging scenarios. This helps to reduce the occurrence of a unusual decay from the battery and allows users to to enjoy of a optimal duration of office for a period of longer time.
The technology smart charging provides to the battery notable improvements in terms of performance, including:
- Longer battery life: while guaranteeing the speed from 65W SuperVOOC and the full charge / discharge of the battery, the technology is capable of to maintain the capacity dell’80% of her original capacity after well 1,500 cycles of charge.
- Improved reload speed in specific scenarios: the speed charging can be increased in base a specific situations and to maximum power instantaneous that the battery can absorb at a precise moment. The 65W SuperVOOC is capable of increase the speed of about 20%, allowing you to load completely a battery from 4500mAh in 30 minutes.
- Balance of charging speed and temperature of the phone: technology is capable of to find intelligently the best Balance between the optimal charging current and the consequent temperature increase in different usage scenarios. In this way, users are able to use one’s smartphone without any unease while charging Flash Charging.
Charging in extreme conditions, even in the coldest temperatures
Besides give the recharge VOOC Flash Charge more safety e intelligent possible, OPPO has also explored ways to optimize technology fast charging in the most extreme situations. For example, it can be difficult charge a battery lithium ion in very cold environments, dove to force the load battery can even to cause a short circuit. The charge solution a very low temperature of OPPO uses intelligent algorithms per to determine the temperature optimal battery charge e raise the temperature before starting charging. Test results show that the battery he’s able to increase the temperature from -20 ℃ to 10 ℃ in a few tens of seconds, allowing the battery to be loaded normally.
Since the introduction of the VOOC Flash Charge in 2014, the safety, efficiency and the ease of use have been three from the main areas that have contributed at the Research and at development from OPPO In the battery field and of charging technology. At the end of June 2021, OPPO took over 3,000 patents related to the technology of fast charging and through beyond 30 devices that support the technology VOOC Flash Charge, brought this fast charging experience, comfortable e safety to more than 195 million people worldwide.
In 2021, OPPO has launched its new project – The Flash Initiative – bringing its own proprietary VOOC technology its cars, public spaces e chip within a wide variety of devices. In the era ofInternet of Experience, the technology OPPO’s Flash Charge is going evolving to bring users aexperience from charging next generation designed for excel in any situation, allowing people to charge any device, always e everywhere.
What do you think of Oppo’s innovation? Let us know yours in the comments section, then I invite you to follow our mobile section so as not to miss any news or reviews