Albeit slowly, the mist of mystery surrounding the highly anticipated new expansion begins to clear Pokémon Go of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. In fact, more details arrive today for the expected merger between the two game worlds: the virtual and the real one, from 1 July 2022.
Inspired by the acclaimed mobile game, players will be able to collect cards with photorealistic illustrations and unique scenarios. Some cards will portray Pokémon as if they had peeped into the real world: Pikachu walks with his Trainer, Snorlax sleeps everywhere. Other cards will instead depict Pokémon in typical game scenes, such as Blissey heroically defending a Gym and Aipom dodging a Poké Ball.
Pokémon Trading Card Game: Pokémon Go is here
Below are all the card sets that will be made available from 1 July 2022 at authorized resellers:
- Pokémon TCG: Pokémon GO Star Player Trainer Set (includes a foil promo card of Mewtwo-V)
- Pokémon GO Premium Collection – Pokémon TCG: Shiny Eevee (includes Shiny Eevee foil promo card)
- Pokémon TCG Pokémon GO Special Collections (Each collection includes one of three holographic promotional cards featuring full-art illustration of Spark, Blanche, or Candela)
- Pokémon GO Collection – Pokémon TCG: Alola-V Exeggutor (includes an Alola-V Exeggutor foil promo card)
- Pokémon TCG Pokémon GO Collector’s Box (includes a foil promo card of Pikachu with the Gift Delivery attack)
- Pokémon GO Collector’s Box – Pokémon TCG Poké Ball
- Pokémon TCG Pokémon GO Collectible Mini Boxes featuring Magikarp, Eevee, Blissey, Pikachu, and Snorlax
- Pokémon TCG: Pokémon GO Battle Deck V (includes foil promo card: Mewtwo-V or Melmetal-V)
- Pokémon TCG: Mewtwo vs. Melmetal Pokémon GO Battle Deck V (includes two holographic promotional cards: one from Mewtwo-V and one from Melmetal-V)