Pokémon GO has launched a new event linked to mega evolutions, already available in Australia and New Zealand and which will soon arrive all over the world with many new features. Mega Evolution is a type of evolution that surpasses all others: it temporarily changes a Pokémon’s appearance and increases its strength. Pokémon GO Trainers use Mega Energy to Mega Evolve Pokémon, making it easier than ever to do so.
Pokémon GO: news on mega evolutions
Here are the main news coming to Mega Raids:
- Many megaraids will be simplified – you can complete them with fewer players!
- You can Mega Evolve a Pokémon from the Raid and Battle Setup screens.
- Additional special effects will be added to the information page for previously Mega Evolved Pokémon to celebrate this milestone.
- Mega Levels will be introduced and changes will be made to how Mega Energy is used.
Also, every time you Mega Evolve a Pokémon, you will help increase its Mega Level. As a Pokémon’s Mega Level increases, new bonuses are unlocked that will be active as long as the Pokémon is Mega Evolved. Each mega-level grants certain bonuses, which vary according to the Pokémon and improve as it increases in level.
- More candy by catching Pokémon of the same type as the Mega Evolved Pokémon.
- While using a Mega Evolved Pokémon in a Raid or Gym Challenge, attacks from other Trainers’ Pokémon in the same Raid or Gym will do more damage. If both attacks are of the same type, those of the opposing Pokémon will do more damage.
- Increased chance of obtaining L Candy by catching Pokémon of the same type as the Mega Evolved Pokémon.
- More XP by catching Pokémon of the same type as the Mega Evolved Pokémon.
- A Pokémon’s rest period decreases as its Mega Level increases.