Rebellion has revealed that the Sniper Elite franchise will return in 2022 with the release of Sniper Elite 5. Simultaneous launch on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 4 and 5, Epic, Steam and Windows Store, of Sniper Elite 5 will see the sniper Karl Fairburne travel to France in 1944 to destroy Operation Kraken.
Sniper Elite 5 is official
As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the Brittany coast, Karl makes contact with the French Resistance. They soon discover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the allies can invade Europe: Operation Kraken. Karl’s mission is to eliminate high-ranking Nazi officers and end Operation Kraken once and for all.
Based on real-world locations from the France in 1944, The new game maps are the largest and most immersive in the franchise’s history with the new crossover system giving players an even wider sandbox of options when it comes to taking out their objectives. You can even invite a friend to help you on your mission with advanced co-op play options.
Sniper Elite 5 continues the franchise’s tactical sniping experience, complete with advanced ballistics and enhanced kill cam. New customization options will allow you to adjust your shotgun, other weapons and ammo to suit your mission and play style.
- Expansive campaign – the real world locations were captured using photogrammetry to recreate a lively and engaging environment and multiple infiltration and extraction points. The kill list objectives provide a whole new perspective on each mission.
- Advanced physics and traversal of shootings – use the ziplines, slide down the slopes and swing along the ledges to reach the perfect vantage point or to sneak past a lookout. Consider the stock and gun barrel options along with gravity, wind, and heart rate as you line up your sights on the target.
- High level customization – use workbenches to customize and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon. Change sights, barrels, magazines and more. Shotguns, secondary weapons, and pistols all have a large variety of options. Plus you can select the right ammo for your target, from armor-piercing to non-lethal ammo.
- Invasion mode in PVP – you can invade another player’s campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in deadly game, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you pursue your prey. Alternatively, as Karl you can call for assistance and bring in a second sniper to help you out of a difficult situation.
- Multiplayer – customize your character and equipment and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16-player battles that will truly test your sharpshooter skills. If you prefer cooperative mode, you can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Improved kill cam – more realistic and gruesome than ever, the X-ray kill cam feature returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, opening a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also activate kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.
Sniper Elite 5 will be available on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 4 & 5, Epic, Steam and Windows Store in 2022.