Lately Sony announced other 11 titles for the new PlayStation VR2in addition to launch date and the (high) price of the device. Since PlayStation VR2 it will not be compatible with original PlayStation VR gamesthe new system’s launch library is particularly important to potential buyers.
The PlayStation VR2 launch line-up: here are the confirmed titles
here are the five launch titles for PlayStation VR2 already unveiled a few months ago.
- Horizon Call of the Mountain: SIE believes this adaptation of Guerrilla Games’ Horizon franchise will be the flagship title for PlayStation VR2. The developers, at a hands-on event held in September, said the game will offer a completely new story and that the experience will last approximately 7 hours.
- Resident Evil Village: Capcom announced at the June State of Play that the 2021 survival horror would get support for PlayStation VR2 through the PlayStation 5 version of the game.
- No Man’s Sky: Also in June, Hello Games announced that No Man’s Sky, the studio’s six-year-old live-service sci-fi adventure, was “in development for PlayStation VR2.” It looks like it will be a Support update for the current PlayStation 5 versionlaunched in November 2020.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution: this is a completely new game, which will be launched for Meta Quest on December 1st. It is the sequel to The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, which launched in early 2020 for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Valve Index. Along with the PS VR2 version, a PS4 / PSVR version will also be launched.
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition: The original version of this VR-only adventure launched for Quest headsets in late 2020. A port is planned for PlayStation VR2 only.
Three new titles
Below instead we present the new titles unveiled yesterday by Sony.
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback: from Supermassive Games, this is the first season spinoff of The Dark Pictures Anthology, which premiered in 2019. While it’s not a new IP, this game is exclusive to PlayStation VR2. None of the previous Dark Pictures games have been adapted to VR systems.
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad: Smilegate’s multiplayer shooter, hugely popular in Asia, arrived in the West on consoles with CrossfireX for Xbox One and Xbox Series X in February.
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue: Though crushed by critics, TinyBuild publisher’s 2017 Hello Neighbor still spawned a robust franchise. A sequel is expected in late 2022, a prequel launched in December 2018, and Search and Rescue is its first VR adaptation.
Four titles are adaptations of existing virtual reality games, both for PlayStation VR and other devices.
- After the Fall;
- Cities VR — Enhanced Edition;
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection;
- Zenith: The Last City.
We remind you that PlayStation VR2 will debut on February 22, 2023. Pre-orders start on November 15. For more information you can consult the official site.