Twitter today introduced a new character limit for subscribers to Twitter Blue, the social network’s Premium plan. These can now publish tweet up to 10,000 characters.
Until 2017, Twitter only allowed sharing short posts, up to a maximum of 140 characters. Right in 2017, well before the advent of Elon Muskthe platform had extended the limit to 280 characters (which is still the maximum today for users not subscribed to Blue).
The first big revolution came in February of this year, when Elon Musk, who in the meantime acquired the social network, introduced the 4,000-character limit for Blue subscribers. But Musk had already announced that the cap would be extended to 10,000, and it did.
Discover the great cinema of SKY
All the benefits of Twitter Blue: more fonts and features
We remind you that Twitter Blue is also available in Italy, subject to a monthly subscription. The service is available at a cost of €8 per month (for a total of €96 per year). However it is possible to subscribe the annual subscription at the price of 86€saving 12% (basically you save €1 every month). However, these prices are without VAT, so it happens that the €86 annual subscription costs €102.48 when billing.
The benefits for subscribers are:
- Blue check mark (after verifying your mobile number)
- Increased visibility in tweet replies: responses from subscribed users shoot up in posts
- Less ads: Twitter promises 50% fewer ads for subscribers
- Ability to post longer videos: up to 60 minutes and higher quality
- Accesso a Twitter Blue Lab: Subscribers can try out some features in testing early. Sort of a Beta plan, but with a cooler name.
- Ability to edit posted tweets: Up to 5 changes within 30 minutes of posting
- Ability to set an NFT as a profile picture
- 1080p resolution video uploads