With the new update of Vivaldia popular web browser for Android users, it is possible play YouTube audio in the background. The update, which brings Vivaldi to version 5.7, also introduces several new features and bug fixes previously encountered.
A much-anticipated addition is background audio playback, which lets you play audio from any website even when your browser isn’t open. You will then be able to listen to music or podcasts from YouTube even while checking your WhatsApp messages.
Vivaldi 5.7 update: How to enable background YouTube sound
Amazon Music 30 days free
First you’ll need to make sure you have Vivaldi updated to the latest version, so check if you have any pending updates. Once this is done, just start Vivaldi and follow these simple steps:
- Access the card view by tapping on the card icon (in the lower right corner of the screen)
- Tap the Options button (the three vertical dots at the top) and select Settings.
- Scroll down to General and activate the switch next to the entry Allow background audio playback.
- At this point Vivaldi will ask you to restart the app for the new settings to take effect. Click on Restart not
From now on any website you visit that has a sound source will also play in the background. Of course, the feature also affects the multitasking, you can then use your smartphone for other activities while the site plays audio. Be careful though: if you open a media file with sound, Vivaldi will pause its playback.
The other news of Vivaldi 5.7
Background audio isn’t the only new feature of the 5.7 update. The update also introduces:
- Performance optimization (tabs open faster)
- Scalable user interface that better adapts to different screen sizes
- Reminder to sync data between devices after 10 hours of use (or after the third time you open the app)
- Fixed some minor stability bugs