Xiaomi has just presented its next flagship to the public, namely the new folding Mi MIX FOLD. Let’s find out all the details
During the second Xiaomi event, the Chinese multinational today showed its first folding smartphone. In fact, in the new Xiaomi branded device we will find 2 display, an external one used for more common and rapid operations, such as answering phone calls or incoming messages, and a large folding screen placed on the inside that will allow a more comfortable use of streaming contents or a more efficient multitasking thanks to the size more generous.
Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD: technical sheet
Now let’s see in detail what the new Xiaomi folding mounts under the body:
- External display: AMOLED gives 6,5″ with refresh rate up to 90Hz, touch sampling rate 180Hz, aspect ratio 27: 9, resolution 2520 × 840 pixels, brightness 600nits / peak brightness 900nits, HDR10 +;
display pieghevole: 8.01″ flexible YOU ARE con refresh rate a 60Hz, aspect ratio 4: 3, resolution WQHD +, touch sampling rate 120Hz, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, 600nits brightness / 900nits peak brightness;
- CPU: SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 with dissipation system with vapor chamber, graphene structure and graphite sheets;
- RAM: 12GB/16GB LPDDR5 3200MHz;
- ROM: 256GB/512GB for internal type storage UFS 3.1;
- rear camera: main sensor from 108MP HM2, sensor from 8MP with liquid lens, equivalent focal length of 80mm, minimum focusing distance 3cm, sensor from 13MP, combined with ultra wide-angle optics (123 ° viewing angle), f / 2.4 aperture;
- front camera: 20MP;
- connectivity: Dual 5G stand-by, Wi-Fi 6;
- battery: 5.020 mAh, with wired charging stand a 67W, from 0 to 100% in 37 minutes;
- dimensions from “open”: 173.27 x 133.38 x 7.62mm;
- “closed” dimensions: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm;
- weight: 317g;
- colors: Black, Ceramic Special Edition;
- YOU: Android 10 based on MIUI 12;
- Price version from 12GB RAM/256GB ROM: ~1297 euro (Available from April 16 in China);
- Version from 12GB RAM/512GB ROM: ~1426 euro (Available from April 16 in China);
- Price version from 16GB RAM/512GB ROM: ~1686 euro (Available from April 16 in China)
Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD: display e audio
The outer front panel is a 6.52 ″ AMOLED with refresh rate up to 90Hz, while the internal foldable display is an 8.01 ″ OLED with 2K resolution, with HDR10 + support and 60Hz refresh rate. It should be noted that the flexible panel is supported by a particular U-shaped hinge that allows the device to guarantee over 1 million opening / closing processes.
In addition, both displays will benefit from the integration of an AI that will allow them to increase the resolution of content and perform automatic upscaling from 720p to 1440p. The weight of this smartphone, according to Xiaomi, will be reduced by 27% compared to the foldables offered by the competition. Regarding the audio sector of Mi MIX FOLD, it was edited by Harman Kardon and includes a quad speaker system that allows you to take advantage of an integrated system for 3D and spatial audio.
Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD: hardware and cameras
As you can read from the hardware card, it is a portentous device in terms of hardware thanks to the Snapdragon 888 and to 12 GB and over of RAM memory (of type LPDDR5) available according to the version you choose. The huge foldable OLED panel will allow both to start any video game and to facilitate multitasking operations by being able to view multiple windows at the same time. The 5020mAH battery will then allow prolonged use of the smartphone, which can also count on one fast charging at 67W which will allow you to load from 0% al 100% the battery in the record time of just 37 minutes.
Finally, speaking of the technical characteristics inherent in the photographic sector, we find a triple rear camera consisting of a 108MP main sensor (Samsung HM2) with 7P lenses, assisted by a wide-angle with 13MP sensor (123 ° optics) and a dedicated 8MP lens at zoom. The latter goal is the first to adopt a particular one liquid lens which allows it to act both as a 3x optical zoom camera (up to 30X digital) and as a macro cam with minimum focus from a distance of 3 cm. Finally, the presence inside the Mi MIX FOLD of a new Xiaomi proprietary chip, called Surge C1, which will make autofocus more efficient as well as improve shots taken in low light conditions.
What do you think of the new Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD folding smartphone? Let us know your opinion below in the comments. Finally, don’t forget to follow us on our Instagram page, on our YouTube channel and stay connected on TechGameWorld.com.it to stay constantly updated on all the news from the tech world!
The article Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD: unveiled the new folding comes from TechGameWorld.com.