Recorders with automatic transcription allow us to leave the pen at home and let our iOS, Android, Windows or Mac device do all the dirty work. Let’s see the best!
You will agree that take notes during an interview, business phone call, or meeting takes too long and tends to distract from the conversation. Or, other times you come up with a brilliant idea, but you don’t have a pen and paper at your fingertips and you can easily forget your thoughts. Fortunately, modern technology allows us to record our conversations and, more importantly, convert them to text. This saves us time and energy and helps us stay more productive. In this article we will look at the best ones recorders with automatic transcription functions which can be used for phone calls, voice notes and business meetings.
The best applications for call recording and automatic transcription
1. REKK – Call Recorder
When it comes to recording a phone call on iPhone, REKK is by far your best bet. This application allows you to record all incoming and outgoing calls and convert them to text. Thanks to the intuitive interface, the utility is easy to use and does not require any technical skills. REKK records telephone conversations with the help of 3-way calling, creating a conference between you, the caller and the service number. The application is supported in several countries (United States, Canada, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Russia, etc.) and is available on the App Store.
- automatic transcription of speech after each call;
- no limit to the number and duration of calls;
- ability to share recordings via messenger;
- ability to listen to calls from any other device through a web account;
- a free trial.
- your operator must support 3-way calls;
- the accuracy of speech recognition depends on the tempo of the speech and the accent.
2. Rev Call Recorder
Rev is another good solution for call recording and transcription. This application allows you to record telephone conversations for free, but if you want to convert the calls to text, the service is charged at an additional cost. The application is pretty easy to use and records calls in just one step. Note that for now the application only allows you to register with a +1 code, so if you do not reside in the United States and Canada, it is better to choose another utility.
- free call recording;
- a professional transcriber for the conversion of the recordings;
- no limits and no advertising;
- does not require merging of calls;
- high quality recordings.
- outgoing international calls are impossible;
- international rates for Canadian users;
- it only supports +1 prefix.
3. Call recording by NoNotes
This application allows you to easily record calls in progress or those about to be made. Once hung up, the recordings immediately appear in the app. The app records 20 minutes per month for free and charges if you want to record longer calls. Furthermore, the application supports speech-to-text function for your convenience. The solution is suitable for both personal and business needs and is compatible with iPhone and Android.
- call transcription option;
- ability to save calls in the Cloud
- the sharing function is supported;
- free trial.
- limits on the duration of calls;
- on iPhone devices, calls must be merged.
The Threads platform is designed to make corporate communications more productive and make customers feel heard. The app records all incoming and outgoing phone calls and transcribes them to text with a reliable speech-to-text function. The Threads app is perfect for keeping track of all business interviews, identifying trends and analyzing workflow. The platform is paid and the price depends on where you are and the size of the cloud storage space for the records.
- suitable for companies;
- allows you to save up to 10 TB of corporate communications;
- integrates with HubSpot;
- the shared mailbox for your company.
- high prices for startups;
- additional charges for call recording and voice transcription.
5. Call Recording and Text Conversion – Voice to Text
This application is for you if you need an Android call recorder for personal use. The application automatically records calls and is also able to convert them to text as soon as you hang up. A handy reader and quick search function make it a pleasure to use. Furthermore, the application is absolutely free. However, according to user reviews, it sometimes misses calls, so it’s not 100% reliable.
- automatic call recording;
- easy to use voice recognition;
- frequent app updates and performance improvements.
- does not offer a 100% call recording guarantee;
- speech recognition can be inaccurate
Voice recorders with automatic transcription
6. Voice Recorder & Audio Editor
Sometimes it is necessary to record not a phone call, but an important idea that suddenly comes to mind. This is where voice recorders come into play. This application is compatible with iOS devices and allows you to record your thoughts on the go. It’s also useful for journalists, influencers, and students, as it only provides high-quality recordings and transcribes all voice notes to text.
- an icon on the home screen that allows you to quickly record notes with a single tap;
- upload recordings to cloud archives;
- allows you to share recordings via social apps and messengers;
- fast file transfer to any device.
- voice transcription can be inaccurate;
- poor supporting documentation.
7. Voice notes – quick recording of ideas
With this voice recording app for Android your ideas will never get lost in your head. The application allows voice recording with voice recognition. Once the idea has been registered, it is displayed in the app in text format and can be easily edited if needed. In addition, the application helps to manage notes by separating them into multiple categories. Notes can be easily shared with friends and colleagues via email, instant messaging and social networks.
- you can create reminders for important notes;
- offers color schemes for your tastes;
- 2 supported formats: JSON and TXT;
- simple user interface.
- does not recognize audio files;
- for better quality you need to connect to the Internet.
8. Philips voice recorder
With the Philips voice recorder, you no longer have to wonder how you can record voice and transcribe it to text. This digital recorder helps you convert your voice notes into text and offers you a premium quality recording. Additional features include browser-based file management, personal assistant integration, and individual user management. The application is perfect for integrating into your existing workflow.
- reliable application;
- free solution;
- supports multiple languages;
- compatible with all iOS devices.
- requires the use of an additional paid service to obtain unlimited functions.
9. Speechnotes – Voice Notepad
Another useful application for drivers, bloggers, writers, thinkers and anyone who loves easy typing. The application converts speech into text even when you pause to breathe or think. Speechnotes supports backup to never miss a note. It also allows you to dictate freehand for an unlimited time. The application is also capable of recognizing pauses for punctuation, new lines, etc.
- takes up little space on the device;
- text editor;
- allows you to print your notes with just a few taps;
- one of the most accurate speech recognition services;
- contains advertisements;
- offers in-app purchases for unlimited functions.
10. Transcribe – Speech to Text
This iPhone application allows you to transcribe not only voice notes but also videos, which will be useful for interpreters, freelancers, subtitle creators, etc. Transcribe supports more than one hundred languages and accents and provides readable transcripts. Additionally, you can export your clipboard to any text editing application installed on your device. The application is ad-free and is suitable for iPhone users.
- free trial;
- high quality transcripts;
- abundance of supported languages;
- absence of advertising.
- the free trial offers only 15 minutes of free transcripts.
Meeting recorders with text-to-speech option
11. Otter for companies
Recording and transcribing video conferences can help make your workflow smoother and more productive. If you use Zoom to meet your business partners online, Otter is your best bet for call recording. This application allows you to transcribe all Zoom video conferences and offers some additional functions such as calendar synchronization and integration with Dropbox.
- you can record and play directly from the app and share Otter notes with colleagues;
- a separate account for the manager;
- free trial.
- rather complicated configuration.
12. Reason8 – Speech to Text meeting note maker
For anyone taking notes, summaries and meeting follow-ups, Reason8 will be a lifesaver when it comes to recording and transcribing meetings. How it works: Host a meeting and tell your colleagues the meeting ID. After the discussion, open the app or your online account and edit the meeting transcript.
- offers a web-based platform and is therefore compatible with different operating systems;
- is mentioned in TechCrunch, Gadget Review, BMA;
- reliable company;
- many positive customer reviews.
- additional registration with e-mail.
The application is suitable for anyone who needs to record conference meetings, as it records conversations on any web conferencing platform. Uploaded audio and video files are quickly transcribed into text. It also lets you add comments to calls and collaborate with team members on specific parts of conversations.
- easy to use;
- demo online;
- many additional functions;
- suitable for business and personal use.
- a limited number of team storage minutes in the cheapest packages.
The application allows you to easily record and transcribe business meetings. Additional features include meeting note taking, hands-free playback, slow and fast playback, and more. After…