Battlefield 2042 was harshly criticized by the community but DICE said it was ready to solve the problems with the next update
DICE and EA have provided details on what will be added in theupdate 2 from Battlefield 2042, along with his plans for future improvements to the game. The title development team noted on Tuesday that there were some “critical problems”With servers that the team is“ eager to fix quickly ”:“ In very rare cases we are seeing that our servers do not register hitmarkers correctly. While it is difficult to reproduce (thanks everyone for submitting clips and screenshots), we are actively working to identify what might be causing this problem and to develop solutions, ”explained DICE.
Battlefield 2042: all the details of update 2
The DICE team also confessed that the sight in Battlefield 2042 it doesn’t work the way you want on PC or console: “Shortly after launch, many of you who play on PC helped to point out a weird inconsistency with aiming behavior with respect to mouse sensitivity settings. We have done a lot of investigation into this and have been able to confirm that some settings are not applying correctly. We have developed one solution for this issue and we are aiming for the third upcoming update for this aspect. On consoles, we have done similar investigations into the consistency of the Aim Assist. We are there and we will keep you updated ”.
L’update 2 it will also apply a number of changes to correct the “spread” on some weapons, which is the angle at which a bullet can deviate from what it is aimed at. The team reported that this aspect also needs corrections, especially on assault rifles, so they are making the following changes:
- Reduced global spread when zooming and shifting
- Improved stationary zoom accuracy for many weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and earlier during stimulation shots. This means more success with single hits or short bursts
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure the weapon does not outperform when engaging outside the intended combat range
The other major changes in Update 2 are as follows:
- Improved soldier revives, to address “the inability to revive when a soldier dies near an object or wall”
- A respawn protection system that will help prevent any extraneous issues that can leave a player in a grounded state for too long and force a manual respawn when required
- Re-activating UAV-1 interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps.
- Vehicle balance for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird
The dispersion has been reduced for all weapons except the shotguns, which results in a more consistent spread of bullets throughout the game. After update 2 of Battlefield 2042, DICE will release theupdate 3 in early December, which is expected to be a significantly larger update aimed at addressing a wide range of issues. The game’s first update was launched on November 18th and was designed to address several “critical issues” prior to the game’s official release on November 19th.
Despite this, the game was launched accompanied by the complaints and outrage from gamers and is now one of the worst reviewed games on the PC Steam platform with over 17,000 “mostly negative” reviews. If you are just starting out with this title, we recommend our guides on how to quickly level weapons and how to get started in the best possible way.
We will keep you updated on all future developments in this regard. In the meantime, always stay tuned to TechGameWorld.com for all the news and curiosities from the world of gaming and beyond. Lastly, for the video game download codes at discounted prices, we invite you to take a look at the Instant-Gaming.com store.