Critics’ Week Full Schedule Revealed; independent section of the Cannes Film Festival 2023. Chaired by French director Audrey Diwan; scheduled from 17 to 25 May, here are all the titles of the debut films contained in the official selection of the 62nd edition
Many promising and highly valuable titles are shaping up in the official program from the Critics Week. According to what was revealed in the press conference in the past hours, the Critics’ Week (born as parallel section al Cannes Film Festival 2023) presents a very varied selection: between first and second works; his vision ranges from South Korea to Malaysia, and from France to Jordan.
Chaired by the French director Audrey Diwan; see the guidance of the artistic director Ava Cahen in office for the second year in a row. Let’s find out all the details together.
Cannes Film Festival 2023: a brief taste of the works competing in the Critics’ Week
Scheduled from 17 to 25 May (weeks following the end of the Cannes Film Festival 2023); Critics Week predicts a total of 11 feature films (chosen from 1000 films presented), may be of which run by women only. Among the films in contention is the film Love Glorydirected by the French director Marie Amachoukeli; followed by Tiger Stripesthe director’s first work Amanda Nell.
In the films competing for the Grand Prix of the week, the titles of the Belgian director emerge Paloma Sermon-Daï and of the French Iris Kaltenback; followed by the Brazilian director Lillah hallelujah. Director Vladimir was also present Perisič back to Critics’ Week 14 years after his debut with Ordinary People. Impossible not to mention the first film, a black comedy, directed by Jason Yua well-known former assistant to Oscar-winning director Bong Joon-ho.
Critics’ Week selection
Here are the movies in the category Competition in the sectionCritics Week :
- It’s raining in the house, di Paloma Sermon-Daï (Belgium)
- Inshallah Walad, at Amjad Al Rasheed (Jordan)
- Hours, in Jason Yu (South Korea)
- Rapture, di Iris Kaltenback (France)
- Levant, of Lillah hallelujah (Brazil)
- Lost Country, di Vladimir Perisic (Serbia)
- Tiger Stripes, by Amanda Nell Me (Malaysia)
Here are the movies in the category Special screenings
- Love Gloria, by Marie Amachoukeli (France) – Opening film
- Vincent must die, di Stéphan Castang (France)
- The Syndrome of Past Loves, di Ann Sirot e Raphaël Balboni (France)
- Her father’s daughter, di Erwan the Duke (France) – Closing film
Are you looking for new movies and new TV series to watch? Discover the new Disney+ subscription, the streaming home of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and now Star too. Subscribe now to only 8.99 euros per month on this page.