The Days of Authors 2021 have unveiled their program. A lot of Italian cinema and many independent films in the review wanted and organized by the associations of Italian cinema authors.
Days of the Authors – autonomous and independent review wanted by the Italian film authors, ANAC e 100 Authors, under the chairmanship of Andrea Purgatori – turn 18. And, for the occasion, they announced a rich and varied program, selected by the artistic director Gaia Furrer is composed by 10 feature films e 6 special events.
The films in competition for the only official award of the festival – GdA Director’s Award – will be judged by 27 young cinema fans from 27 countries of the European Union, under the guidance (an absolute first time) of two Bulgarian directors-producers: Mina Mileva e Vesela Kazakova, applauded a few days ago at the Cannes Film Festival with their latest film, Women Do Cry.
Days of the Authors – The complete program
The Days of the Authors will take place on the days of the Venice International Film Festival 78 (1-11 September) and they will also occupy some historic places in the city, such as the Sala Perla of the Venice Casino and the Goldoni Theater.
The program is composed as follows:
- SHEN KONG by Chen Guan – first feature – opening film
- Macao, 2021, 101 ‘, world premiere;
- AL GARIB (THE STRANGER) by Ameer Fakher Eldin – first feature
- Syria, Germany, Palestine, 2021, 112 ‘, world premiere;
- ANATOMY (ANATOMY) di Ola Jankowska – prima opera
- Poland, France, 2021, 108 ‘, world premiere;
- CALIFORNIE by Alessandro Cassigoli, Casey Kauffman – first work
- Italy, 2021, 78 ‘, world premiere;
- PRIVATE DESERT of Aly Muritiba
- Brazil, Portugal, 2021, 120 ‘, world premiere;
- IMACULAT by Monica Stan and George Chiper – Lillemark – first work
- Romania, 2021, 114 ‘, world premiere;
- MADELEINE COLLINS di Antoine Barraud
- France, Belgium, Switzerland, 2021, 105 ‘, world premiere;
- PIEDRA NOCHE (DUSK STONE) di Iván Fund
Argentina, Chile, Spain, 2021, 87 ‘, world premiere;
- THREE (OUT OF SYNC) by Juanjo Giménez
Spain, Lithuania, 2021, 104 ‘, world premiere;
- TU ME RESSEMBLES (YOU RESEMBLE ME) by Dina Amer – first film
Egypt, France, United States, 2021, 94 ‘, world premiere.
OUT OF COMPETITION
LOVELY BOY by Francesco Lettieri – closing film, competes for the BNL Audience Award
Italy, 2021, 105 ‘, world premiere.
- THE PALACE by Federica Di Giacomo
Italy, Czech Republic, 2021, 100 ‘, world premiere;
- THE GREAT SILENCE by Alessandro Gassmann
Italy, Poland, 2021, 106 ‘, world premiere;
- WITHOUT END by Elisa Fuksas
Italy, 2021, 80 ‘, world premiere;
- MIZRAHIM, THE FORGOTTEN ONES (THE FORGOTTEN ONES) di Michale Boganim
France, 2021, 93 ‘, world premiere;
- THREE MINUTES – A LENGTHENING di Bianca Stigter
Netherlands, 2021, 69 ‘, world premiere.
MIU MIU WOMEN’S TALES
- # 21 SHANGRI-LA by Isabel Sandoval
Italy, USA, 2021, 11 ‘;
- I AND THE STUPID BOY di Kaouther Ben Hania
Italy, France, 2021, 14 ‘.
- WELCOME VENICE by Andrea Segre – opening film
Italy, 2021, 100 ‘, world premiere;
- CAVEMAN – THE HIDDEN GIANT by Tommaso Landucci
Italy, Switzerland, 2021, 91 ‘, world premiere;
- CONFETTI by Maddalena Stornaiuolo
Italy, 2021, 9 ‘, world premiere;
- CÙNTAMI by Giovanna Taviani
Italy, 2021, 70 ‘, world premiere;
- FINGERPICKING by Riccardo Giacconi
Italy – 2021 – 17 ‘world premiere;
- FELLINI AND THE SHADOW by Catherine McGilvray
Italy, Switzerland, 2021, 64 ‘, world premiere;
- GIULIA by Ciro De Caro
Italy – 2021 – 109 ‘world premiere;
- HUGO IN ARGENTINA by Stefano Knuchel
Switzerland, 2021, 97 ‘, world premiere;
- OUR GHOSTS by Alessandro Capitani
Italy, 2021, 105 ‘, world premiere;
- IL MONDO A SCATTI (THE WORLD IN SHOTS) by Cecilia Mangini and Paolo Pisanelli – pre-opening event in collaboration with Bookciak, Action !;
- ISOLATION – special event – day of inclusion 2021
- Italy, Great Britain, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, 2021, 88 ′;
- LES ENFANTS DE CAIN (THE SONS OF CAIN) by Keti Stamo
France, Albania, Italy – 2021 – 68 ‘world premiere;
- WORDS by Umberto Contarello
Italy, 2021, 85 ‘, world premiere;
- PRINCESS of Stefania Muresu
Italy, 2021, 49 ‘, world premiere;
- SPIN TIME, THAT DEMOCRACY TOUGH! by Sabina Guzzanti
Italy, 2021, 91 ‘, world premiere;
- TONINO DE BERNARDI – A TIME, A MEETING by Daniele Segre
Italy, 2021, 52 ‘, world premiere;
- TRASTWEST by Ivano De Matteo
Italy, 2021, 18 ‘, world premiere;
- A RELATION (WITH YOU OR WITHOUT YOU) by Stefano Sardo
Italy, France, 2021, 110 ‘, world premiere.
A lot of Italian cinema therefore, and a lot of independent cinema. So we just have to wait until September 11 to find out which title will win the coveted prize and which of the special events will arouse the most interest.
Stay tuned for more news on the Venice Film Festival 2021.
Are you looking for new movies and new TV series to watch? Discover the new subscription to Disney +, the streaming home of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and now Star too. Subscribe now to only 8.99 euros per month on this page.