The starting grid is formed. The traffic lights are all on, ready to go out, and the race is about to begin. In short, the release of F1 22, due out on 1 July, is very close, and in the meantime Codemasters and Electronic Arts challenge pilots to guess the in-game ratings of their colleagues. The video, shot in Baku and Canada with the 2022 lineup, is available on YouTube.
How were the ratings assigned?
The algorithm used by Codemasters for the assignment of statistics has been totally renewed, to offer more realistic assessments. They also contributed to the work too Anthony Davidson, David Croft e Alex Jacques, Formula 1 experts, who also partnered with the studio to look beyond pure data and separate man from machine. The ratings are based on five categories:
- Experience (EXP): It is based on the number of race starts of a driver over the course of his career.
- Racecraft (RAC): The driver’s ability to make his way through the group and finish in a higher position than the starting one.
- Awareness (AWA): The shorter time spent in the marshal’s room will help the pilots in this regard. Real world free kicks will affect the score in this category.
- Pace (PAC): The advantage is for those who come closest to the fastest qualifying and race times. The driver who beats his teammate is also taken into consideration.
- General (RTG): The combination of the four previous evaluations. This overall rating will increase and decrease over the course of the season based on performance.
Official F1 drivers’ ratings 22
|Carlos Sainz Jr.||72||89||89||87||87|
F1 22 will be released on July 1, 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Origin and Steam. Meanwhile, the developers have also made official the game’s original soundtrack.
Writing is my passion, music is my life and Liam Gallagher my God. For the rest I am 30 years old and I am a musician, singer and author. Here I mainly write about music and video games, but I am fascinated by everything that has to do with the creation of parallel worlds. 🌋From Pompei with love.🧡