After yesterday’s final day, let’s discover together all the winners of Venezia 78
The 78th review of the Venice Film Festival, which has seen some surprise winners and above all a lot of Italy. During these ten days there were many stars who gave life to the red carpet, with hundreds of spectators who were able to see a world premiere of highly anticipated films. Among these was Dune, out in Italian cinemas on September 16, but also Madres paralelas by Pedro Almodóvar or Spencer, the biopic about Lady Diana.
“The films we have seen this year have put human beings and their frailties at the center” – said the godmother Serena Rossi at the opening of the closing ceremony of the Venice Film Festival 2021 – “Beautiful stories that have enchanted and disturbed us , moved and amused. Never left indifferent ”.
The winners of Venice 78
Let’s find out together the winners of the event!
- Golden Lion: The event di Audrey Diwan
- Silver Lion Grand Jury Prize: It was God’s hand of Paolo Sorrentino
- Coppa Volpi for the best actress: Penelope Cruz in Parallel Mothers di Pedro Almodóvar
- Special Jury Prize: Il buco di Michelangelo Frammartino
- Coppa Volpi for the best actor: John Clay in On the Job: The Missing 8 di Erik Matti
- Best Screenplay Award: Maggie Gyllenhaal per The Lost Daughter di Maggie Gyllenhaal
- Silver Lion for Best Director: Jane Campion for Dog Power
- Marcello Mastroianni Award to a young emerging actor: Filippo Scotti in It was the hand of God by Paolo Sorrentino
- Lion of the Future – Venice First Opera Award Luigi De Laurentiis: Imaculat di Monica Stan and George Chiper-Lillemark
- Orizzonti Award for best movie: Pilgrims di Laurynas Bareiša
- Horizons for best director: Éric Gravel for À plein temps
- Horizons for Best Actress: Laure Calamy in Éric Gravel’s À plein temps
- Special Prize of the Orizzonti Jury: El Gran Movimiento by Kiro Russo
- Horizons for Best Actor: Piseth Chhun in Kavich Neang’s White Building
- Orizzonti Award for Best Screenplay: Peter Kerekes and Ivan Ostrochovský for 107 Mothers by Peter Kerekes
- Horizons for Best Short Film: Los Huesos by Cristóbal León and Joaquín Cociña
- Premio degli spettatori Armani beauty: The Blind Man Who Did Not Want to See Titanic
Category Venice VR Expanded:
- Best VR Story: End of Night by David Adler
- Best VR Experience: Le Li de Paris by Blanca Li
- Grand Jury Prize for Best VR Opera: Goliath: Playing With Reality by Barry Gene Murphy and May Abdalla
What do you think of the winners of Venezia 78? Which movie surprised you the most? What film are you looking forward to seeing in the cinema? Let us know yours!
Are you looking for new movies and new TV series to watch? Discover the new subscription to Disney +, the streaming home of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and now Star too. Subscribe now to only € 8.99 per month on this page.