With the “Made for Humanity” event, Acer opens the way to a path that focuses strongly on sustainability and safety
Today, more than ever, everyone is aware of the importance of respect for the environment in which we live. There fight against climate change passes by reduction of CO2 emissions in the atmosphere and we are all involved. In general, the collective effort will have to go in the direction of a conscious and efficient use of natural resources. Technology in all its forms has an important role to play in promoting environmentally friendly development.
Precisely for this reason, technology companies have a great responsibility in doing their part to safeguard the environment and people’s health. Acer recognizes this responsibility and, developing the “Made for Humanity” vision, undertakes to do its part in implementing company policies to protect the environment and educate people to behave more respectfully. The future is in our hands and the decisions we make, even the smallest ones, have an impact on the environment in which we live. If we all strive to put into practice il mantra “reduce, reuse, recycle”, and making small but significant changes in our habits, together we can take big steps towards greater environmental sustainability.
Earthion is Acer’s initiative to create a better future while respecting the environment. It represents the culmination of over a decade of work in the field of sustainability and brings together the best contributions of the company, partners, employees and users in addressing the challenges associated with reducing environmental impact with innovative solutions. Together we can achieve the monumental goal of minimizing our impact on the environment. Earthion develops along six lines:
- Product design and green innovation – Acer products are designed using sustainable materials that can be easily recycled to reduce environmental impact throughout their life cycle.
- Production – Acer works with several partners in the industry to review manufacturing processes and manage waste and usage of chemical compounds harmful to the environment.
- Energy Acer’s operations use as much energy as possible from clean and renewable sources to leave fossil fuels underground.
- Logistics –Acer optimizes logistics and transportation to reduce their carbon footprint and improve efficiency.
- Packaging – less packaging and greater use of recycled materials. Acer’s packaging uses the bare minimum of environmentally friendly materials and has been designed to extend its usability.
- Recycle – Acer works in partnership with various suppliers of recycling and reuse solutions to give its products and materials a new purpose of use when they have reached the end of their life cycle.
To date, the Acer Group has achieved the goal it set for 2020 reducing its carbon emissions by 60% globally. As a member of RE100, Acer is now actively working to source exclusively renewable energy by 2035.
An example of the Made for Humanity vision can be found in the devices of the Acer Vero line, which share in their design a green approach that includes, among other things, the use of recyclable packaging and Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) materials, made with recycled plastic from waste materials from domestic, commercial, industrial and public facilities.
Post-consumer waste represents the largest flow of waste materials in the world and any effort to reduce this flow reduces the impact of human activities on the environment. In addition, Acer Vero devices are specially designed to be easy to disassemble, simplifying the repair and update processes.
Antimicrobial treatments to safeguard health
The health emergency we have experienced has made the need for more evident than ever minimize the spread of germs and bacteria, in particular on the technological objects with which we come into daily contact. It is estimated that the concentration of microbes on a mouse or on a computer keyboard is up to 30 times higher than that found on bathroom fixtures. Multiplying this by the roughly 120 objects a person touches with their hands on an average day and again by the number of people they meet that day, it is easy to guess how quickly these microbes can circulate.
The Acer Antimicrobial 360 treatment consists of a silver ion coating that is applied to the contact surfaces of the devices – body, keyboards, mouse, touchpad and – and, thanks to the high reactivity of the silver ions, they reduce the proliferation of microbes by up to 99.9% on surfaces. Today we spend a lot of time in contact with our technological devices and knowing that they are clean is more important than ever.
That’s all from the hardware section, keep following us!
The article Made for Humanity: Acer focuses on sustainability comes from TechGameWorld.com.