Yesterday, Mojang Studios gave life to the annual Minecraft Live 2023, the event that involves the entire community passionate about the largest sandbox ever: let’s discover all the announcements together in this dedicated article
Minecraft remains unquestionably one of the phenomena of the last decade (very abundant!): a title capable of bringing together adults and children, starting from a small sandbox in which it was possible, through simple cubes, to build your own universe. All to arrive at an evolved and correct version and a very long series of spin-offs, of variable quality, but unquestionably entertaining from different points of view. Minecraft Live 2023 was held yesterday at Mojang, the annual event that involves the very passionate community of fans that has been created over time. There were many announcements, we summarize them in this dedicated article.
The Star Wars: Path of the Jedi DLC | Minecraft Live 2023: all the announcements from the event!
A teaser trailer revealed the new Star Wars: Path of the Jedi DLC, coming November 7th to the Minecraft Marketplace. The trailer chronicles the adventure of players going from padawan to Jedi Knight and showcases a number of gameplay features, including lightsaber combat and the use of Force powers. You can find it below.
The Planet Earth III DLC from Minecraft Education and BBC Earth | Minecraft Live 2023: all the announcements from the event!
Coinciding with the launch of the new television series Planet Earth III, which will air globally next fall, Minecraft Education has announced a new DLC inspired by the series, coming to Minecraft Education and Minecraft Marketplace in 2024. In the wake of the recent Frozen Planet II DLC, Planet Earth III DLC will continue to immerse players in the wonders of the natural world pushing the message that everything in nature is connected and it is therefore important to take care of the planet so that, in turn, the planet can take care of itself. take care of us.
Minecraft Legends Updates | Minecraft Live 2023: all the announcements from the event!
During the event Craig Leigh, Principal Design Director of Minecraft Legends (here is our review!) presented the changes requested by the community for Minecraft Legends from the launch of the game in April 2023, including: the ability to pet animals, the custom campaign and PVP modes, on-screen controls and UI, waypoint light pillars, and improved route finding. The team announced the latest Lost Legends for Minecraft Legends, including “Creeper Clash,” just in time for Halloween on October 19, and “Snow vs Snout” in December. The team also showcased new features coming with the December update, including: frogs, new piglin unit and structure, and new warlock allies that will cast potions.
Mob Vote 2023 celebrations and winners | Minecraft Live 2023: all the announcements from the event!
Mojang’s Lydia Winters announced that 2024 will be the year of Minecraft’s 15th anniversary celebration and teased the most interesting plans for the year ahead. Furthermore, the Minecraft community expressed itself and chose the Armadillo as a new mob added to Minecraft in the next update!
All the updates of the Vanilla version | Minecraft Live 2023: all the announcements from the event!
Agnes Larsson and Jens Bergensten revealed the following new features coming to Minecraft in mid-2024 with Update 1.21, including:
- Il Crafter: For the first time, automatic crafting comes to Minecraft. A new feature that will be especially interesting for redstone engineers, but the Crafter also includes a unique intuitive interface to help players new to redstone understand how it works. This intuitive interface introduces deactivable slots in the crafting grid: if an empty slot is clicked with an empty hand, the slot is deactivated. If you click on a disabled slot, it is enabled to define the crafting recipe.
- Trial Chamber: Spawned from underground structures, the new Trial Chamber presents a unique challenge (including a new hostile mob) for players to overcome. The Trial Chamber is generated using new Copper Block Sets, Tuff Block Sets, and Copper Light Bulbs.
- Copper Bulb: The new light-emitting blocks are made of copper and, like other copper blocks, can oxidize over time, be waxed and scraped with an axe. The level of light emitted depends on the stage of oxidation: the more oxidized it is, the dimmer it becomes.
- Trial Spawner: Unlike standard mob spawners, this new type of spawner, after having generated a certain number of mobs, does not generate others for a prolonged period. Additionally, the spawner rewards players by expelling its loot. Trial Spawners will adjust some of their parameters dynamically based on the number of players nearby.
- The Breeze: The Breeze, the latest hostile mob added to Minecraft, is found in the Combat Trial Chambers, a challenge for players to take on the chambers. The Breeze moves by jumping and fires wind energy projectiles that explode on impact, like the Blazes fire fireballs. If it collides with a player or entity, it explodes immediately. These explosions cover a radius of a few cubic blocks, deal a small amount of damage, and cause all entities in the area to retreat. They have a new particle that indicates what is happening, differentiating it from a typical burst of damage.
- Surprise performance by Alec Benjamin: Minecraft fan and songwriter Alec Benjamin surprised the Minecraft community with a “Minecraft version” of his global hit song “Let Me Down Slowly” at the end of the broadcast.
And this is all!
And these were all the announcements from Minecraft Live 2023 held yesterday! Let us know what you think below in the comments, we will continue to keep you updated with all the news, guides and reviews on gaming and tech themes! And if you want to buy Minecraft with a juicy discount, we recommend you take a look at the offer in the InstantGaming catalogue, click here!