Here we are again on TechGameWorld.com to discover the news that Netflix reserves for this May 2021: let’s see them together with our guide
May has finally arrived, one of the most anticipated months of the year. The sun, the heat, the spring, the summer air that begins to make us dream … With the latest “concessions” Italy has returned almost entirely to the yellow zone, allowing us to breathe after so many months spent indoors. Despite this, and despite the long-awaited reopening of the rooms, we can bet that we will continue to feed on films and TV series even from our very comfortable sofa at home. As usual, we are going to navigate among the many news that the streaming platforms offer us thanks to our guide.
In this article we will find out what the news proposed by Netflix for this May 2021. Among the proposals in the catalog, several highly anticipated original films such as Oxygène by Alexandre Aja and The woman in the window by Joe Wright. Space also for animation, with various animated films made in Japan that will make fans of Studio Ghibli and the adventures of Arsenio Lupine happy. But above all comes the second season of the animated series for adults Love, Death & Robots, one of the most anticipated events for this May. But let’s not get lost in small talk, and let’s go immediately to discover in detail all the news for next month, focusing on the most anticipated ones in general.
The original films | Netflix, new in May 2021
- May 6 – AND TOMORROW THE WHOLE WORLD
- May 7 – MONSTER
- May 7 – MILESTONE
- May 8 – SUPER ME
May 12 – OXYGEN
After a career spent experimenting in the maze of horror, the French director Alexandre Aja offers us a claustrophobic thriller halfway between Buried (2010) and 28 days later (2002). Melanie Laurent is the absolute protagonist of Oxygen. Here she plays Elizabeth Hansen, a young woman who wakes up in a cryogenic capsule without knowing why, let alone remembering her identity. His will be a desperate fight, aimed at trying to recover his memories to be able to escape from that narrow space, where oxygen is scarce minute by minute. The new sci-fi thriller produced for Netflix promises a lot of tension, despite the courageous choice to concentrate in a single space with a single character. A choice that has often proved successful in the cinema, and which could give us nice surprises once again.
- May 12 – THE DANCE OF 41
May 14 – THE WOMAN AT THE WINDOW
The woman at the window it is without a doubt this month’s most anticipated Netflix original movie. The thriller / psychological mystery directed by Joe Wright (Pride and Prejudice, Atonement) and performed by Amy Adams e Gary Oldman clearly refers to the great classics of the master of the thrill Alfred Hitchcock. Based on AJ Finn’s bestseller of the same name, Woman at the Window tells the story of Anna Fox, a psychologist who suffers from agoraphobia, a disorder that leads her to live locked up in her New York home. One of his occupations is watching life go by looking out of the window of his home. But when she witnesses a brutal crime, everything will change for her. It remains only to find out if the expectations will be rewarded: who knows if we can consider it as a successful and modern reinterpretation of The window on the courtyard.
- May 14 – THE WORRING HOUSE
- 14 maggio – I AM ALL GIRLS
- May 14 – FERRY
- May 18 – SARDAR’S GRANDSON
- 21 maggio – ARMY OF THE DEAD
- May 26 – GHOST LAB
May 26 – THE DIVIN CODINO
For all football lovers, it arrives on Netflix there chronicle of Roberto Baggio’s 22-year career. The biopic is directed by Letizia Lamartire, while the well-known footballer born in 1967 is played by Andrea Arcangeli. “The man who inspired generations to play football. And not only. A unique player, capable of thrilling fans from all over the world. ” From his beginnings on the football fields to the difficulties with some coaches during his career, The divine pigtail aims to tell the talent and charisma of one of the greatest contemporary Italian footballers. The biographical film joins the lineup of products recently dedicated to sports stars, including the miniseries Speravo de morì prima, based on the career of Francesco Totti, and the documentary Pele: the king of football.
- May 27 – BLUE MIRACLE – FISHING FOR A DREAM
Non-original films | Netflix, new in May 2021
- May 1 – GREASE 2
- May 1 – ASSASSINS
- May 1 – THE TOUCH OF EVIL
- May 1 – BET WITH DEATH
- May 4 – MARIA MADDALENA
- May 6 – THE FIFTH SEASON
- 6 maggio – IF YOU CAN’T BEAT ‘EM, JOIN ‘EM
- May 8 – 18 GIFTS
- May 8 – THE GUEST
- May 9 – BEWARE OF THE GORILLA
- 10 maggio – THE LAST ADVENTURE
- May 10 – THE FORWARDS
- 10 maggio – IT’S NEVER TOO LATE
- May 11 – GEMINI MAN
- 15 maggio – CRAZY & RICH
May 16 – BOYHOOD
Among the non-original films that will become part of the Netflix catalog, we point out Boyhood, film written and directed by the anti-Hollywood Richard Linklater. Despite its independent soul, Boyhood scooped up awards among major international festivals that year. It is incredible to think that the project was born in 2002, and that it was carried out for twelve long years before reaching the screens. Incredible and inevitable, since Boyhood is the story of a family told precisely over these twelve years. A project that follows growth, evolution, changes, the flow of life, leading to a result that could only have been achieved with the magic of cinema..
- May 16 – A LOVE WITHOUT END
- 16 maggio – RISE OF THE LEGEND
- May 25 – AMERICAN PSYCHO
The original TV series | Netflix, new in May 2021
- May 4 – NAVILLERA (first season)
- May 4 – SELENA: THE SERIES (second part)
- May 7 – GIRL FROM NOWHERE (second season)
May 7 – JUPITER’S LEGACY (volume one)
The idea of Steven S. DeKnight, Jupiter’s Legacy is based on the comic of the same name by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely. Particularly awaited among fans of cinecomics, the eight episodes of the series will narrate the passing of the baton between the first six superheroes in history and their offspring. Will the latter be ready to risk their lives and defend the world as their parents did in the past? The theme of the generational change (always among superheroes, by the way) had already been addressed recently by Robert Rodriguez with his We can be heroes. While the American director’s film aimed at a younger audience, the new Netflix series seems to address a much broader target, addressing issues such as understanding and acceptance of oneself and one’s destiny.
- May 9 – VINCENZO (first season)
- May 12 – THE UPSHAWS (first season)
- May 13 – CASTLEVANIA (fourth season)
- May 14 – MOVE TO HEAVEN (first season)
- May 14 – HAUNTED (third season)
- May 14 – HALSTON (first season)
- 19 May – WHAT END IT WILL BE?
- May 20 – SPECIAL (second season)
- May 21 – JURASSIC WORLD: NEW ADVENTURES (third season)
- May 21 – THE NEIGHBOR (second season)
- May 27 – BLACKSPACE (first season)
May 28 – LUCIFER (fifth season, new episodes)
After nine months of waiting, the new eight episodes of the fifth season of Lucifer. The urban fantasy series will resume exactly where we left off during episode 8. The events will then restart from the clash between Lucifer (our devil on a trip to Earth), Amenadiel (his brother), Maze and Michael, interrupted by the sudden arrival of God. The new episodes starring the Luciferian Tom Ellis promise many surprises, including a very curious musical episode that will host the 80s pop star Debbie Gibson.
Anime and animation | Netflix, new in May 2021
- 1 maggio – CHILDREN OF THE SEA
- May 1 – LUPINE III: THE TOMB OF JIGEN DAISUKE
- May 1 – LUPINE III – A SKETCH OF BLOOD FOR GOEMON ISHIKAWA
- May 1 – LUPINE III: THE LIE OF FUJIKO MINE
- May 1 – CHILDREN WHO CHASE THE STARS
- 1 maggio – HUMAN LOST
- May 4 – HANK AND THE LUGGAGE TRUCK (second season)
- May 14 – JUNGLE BEAT – THE FILM
May 14 – LOVE, DEATH & ROBOTS (second volume)
One of the most anticipated releases of May 2021 is undoubtedly the secondo volume di Love, Death & Robots. The anthological series consisting of self-contained animated episodes, each with their own style and their own themes, will include a series of “naked giants, Christmas demons and crazed robots”. Created by Tim Miller and produced by David Fincher among others, this second season promises to replicate the great success of the first, crowned by the victory of four jury awards at the 2019 Emmy Awards. dystopians and reflections on our relationship with technology, Love, Death & Robots is certainly one of the news not to be missed for this month.
- May 15 – MIRAI
- May 15 – KUROKO’S BASKETBALL (second season)
- May 16 – HOME – AT HOME
- May 16 – THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR
- May 21 – JURASSIC WORLD: NEW ADVENTURES (third season)
- May 27 – EDEN (first season)
Documentaries, reality and stand-up comedy | Netflix, new in May 2021
- May 1 – UNDER DECK (reality)
- 1 maggio – ELVIS PRESLEY: THE SEARCHER (docuserie)
- May 5 – SAM’S CHILDREN: TOWARDS DARKNESS (docuseries)
- 7 maggio – THE CIRCLE – THE AFTERPARTY (reality)
- 11 May – MONEY IN A FEW WORDS (docuseries)
- 15 maggio – THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY (reality)
- May 19 – THE LAST DAYS (documentary)
- May 20 – HATING PETER TATCHELL (documentary)
- 22 maggio – SAM SMITH: LOVE GOES – LIVE AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS (documentario musicale)
- May 27 – SOY RADA: SERENDIPIA (stand-up comedy)
Now that you know exactly what Netflix has in store for us this May 2021, leave us a comment to tell us which products are the most interesting in your opinion. In the meantime, keep following us as usual on this page, for all news regarding the world of cinema and TV series!